Shoreditch primary school, Whitmore, gets a new name
- Credit: Archant
Whitmore Primary School has been given a new uniform and a new name.
Now known as Shoreditch Park Primary, the Learning Trust says the re-branding marks the school’s changing fortunes.
Once one of the worst 200 schools in the country, before 2012 the school was struggling and suffered low attainment rates.
The school now has an ‘outstanding’ Ofsted rating and is a ‘centre of excellence’ for inclusion.
To celebrate children at Shoreditch Park Primary School launched hundreds balloons into the skies – dressed in their new royal purple blazers with a green accent colour.
You may also want to watch:
Head Teacher Penny Smith said: “We want to put the message out to local people that we are an outstanding and inclusive school, rooted in the community, which is now reflected not only in our school name, Shoreditch Park Primary, but in everything we do as a school.”
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 10 Hackney poet captures readers' lockdown turmoil in verse