Shoreditch primary school, Whitmore, gets a new name
- Credit: Archant
Whitmore Primary School has been given a new uniform and a new name.
Now known as Shoreditch Park Primary, the Learning Trust says the re-branding marks the school’s changing fortunes.
Once one of the worst 200 schools in the country, before 2012 the school was struggling and suffered low attainment rates.
The school now has an ‘outstanding’ Ofsted rating and is a ‘centre of excellence’ for inclusion.
To celebrate children at Shoreditch Park Primary School launched hundreds balloons into the skies – dressed in their new royal purple blazers with a green accent colour.
You may also want to watch:
Head Teacher Penny Smith said: “We want to put the message out to local people that we are an outstanding and inclusive school, rooted in the community, which is now reflected not only in our school name, Shoreditch Park Primary, but in everything we do as a school.”
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 4 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 5 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 6 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 9 Days left to register to vote in May elections
- 10 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers