Star of YouTube #HoodDocumentary Kayode Ewumi visits Hackney pupils to ‘prove a point’
- Credit: Archant
YouTube star Kayode Ewumi - who plays R.S. in the mockumentary #HoodDocumentary – took pupils at Skinner’s Academy by surprise, when he paid them a visit.
Alison Kakande, the mother of 15-year-old student Keon Williams, invited the 22-year-old actor and his show’s director Tyrell Williams to the school in Woodberry Down yesterday.
Williams’ comedy series satirises urban life and sees ‘Roll Safe’ walking around the “hood” followed by a so-called documentary maker.
The show’s first episode went viral on YouTube, garnering over two million views, and BBC Three has commissioned a new series for this summer.
Miss Kakande said: “My son told me everything I talk to him about is a life lesson, so I contacted R.S. to prove that with determination you can get places.
You may also want to watch:
“I said “Will you come to prove a point?”, and he said “Yeah”. I couldn’t believe it.
“All the kids are quoting him, some of the things he does the young boys will relate to that, but also he’s silly and he’s funny.
- 1 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 5 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 6 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 7 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 8 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 9 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 10 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
“Kayode and Tyrell came to inspire the kids, which they did. They are very humble grounded men.”