Star of YouTube #HoodDocumentary Kayode Ewumi visits Hackney pupils to ‘prove a point’
- Credit: Archant
YouTube star Kayode Ewumi - who plays R.S. in the mockumentary #HoodDocumentary – took pupils at Skinner’s Academy by surprise, when he paid them a visit.
Alison Kakande, the mother of 15-year-old student Keon Williams, invited the 22-year-old actor and his show’s director Tyrell Williams to the school in Woodberry Down yesterday.
Williams’ comedy series satirises urban life and sees ‘Roll Safe’ walking around the “hood” followed by a so-called documentary maker.
The show’s first episode went viral on YouTube, garnering over two million views, and BBC Three has commissioned a new series for this summer.
Miss Kakande said: “My son told me everything I talk to him about is a life lesson, so I contacted R.S. to prove that with determination you can get places.
You may also want to watch:
“I said “Will you come to prove a point?”, and he said “Yeah”. I couldn’t believe it.
“All the kids are quoting him, some of the things he does the young boys will relate to that, but also he’s silly and he’s funny.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 4 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 7 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 8 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 9 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff wants his side to impose themselves on Barrow
- 10 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
“Kayode and Tyrell came to inspire the kids, which they did. They are very humble grounded men.”