Star of YouTube #HoodDocumentary Kayode Ewumi visits Hackney pupils to ‘prove a point’
- Credit: Archant
YouTube star Kayode Ewumi - who plays R.S. in the mockumentary #HoodDocumentary – took pupils at Skinner’s Academy by surprise, when he paid them a visit.
Alison Kakande, the mother of 15-year-old student Keon Williams, invited the 22-year-old actor and his show’s director Tyrell Williams to the school in Woodberry Down yesterday.
Williams’ comedy series satirises urban life and sees ‘Roll Safe’ walking around the “hood” followed by a so-called documentary maker.
The show’s first episode went viral on YouTube, garnering over two million views, and BBC Three has commissioned a new series for this summer.
Miss Kakande said: “My son told me everything I talk to him about is a life lesson, so I contacted R.S. to prove that with determination you can get places.
“I said “Will you come to prove a point?”, and he said “Yeah”. I couldn’t believe it.
“All the kids are quoting him, some of the things he does the young boys will relate to that, but also he’s silly and he’s funny.
- 1 Hackney strip bar could lose license after breaching Covid rules
- 2 Teenager charged after Jewish men attacked in Stamford Hill
- 3 Eight drivers arrested and 22 vehicles seized in Stoke Newington crackdown
- 4 More details emerge on antisemitic attack in Stamford Hill
- 5 Two Jewish men hospitalised day before Holocaust Memorial Day
- 6 Hackney mum and brain tumour patient to walk for charity dressed as duck
- 7 'Nail-biting situation': Hundreds of Homerton's staff at risk of dismissal over Covid vaccines
- 8 Wanted man may be in Hackney
- 9 Afghan refugee family rehomed in Hackney
- 10 Seven north London gastropubs voted best in UK
“Kayode and Tyrell came to inspire the kids, which they did. They are very humble grounded men.”