Star of YouTube #HoodDocumentary Kayode Ewumi visits Hackney pupils to ‘prove a point’
- Credit: Archant
YouTube star Kayode Ewumi - who plays R.S. in the mockumentary #HoodDocumentary – took pupils at Skinner’s Academy by surprise, when he paid them a visit.
Alison Kakande, the mother of 15-year-old student Keon Williams, invited the 22-year-old actor and his show’s director Tyrell Williams to the school in Woodberry Down yesterday.
Williams’ comedy series satirises urban life and sees ‘Roll Safe’ walking around the “hood” followed by a so-called documentary maker.
The show’s first episode went viral on YouTube, garnering over two million views, and BBC Three has commissioned a new series for this summer.
Miss Kakande said: “My son told me everything I talk to him about is a life lesson, so I contacted R.S. to prove that with determination you can get places.
You may also want to watch:
“I said “Will you come to prove a point?”, and he said “Yeah”. I couldn’t believe it.
“All the kids are quoting him, some of the things he does the young boys will relate to that, but also he’s silly and he’s funny.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 7 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 8 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 9 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
“Kayode and Tyrell came to inspire the kids, which they did. They are very humble grounded men.”