Stoke Newington pupils set to stage production of Fame - The Musical this week
- Credit: Archant
Stoke Newington pupils are preparing for a show-stopping production of celebrated Fame - The Musical this month.
About 60 pupils at Stoke Newington School and Sixth Form in Clissold Road, Stoke Newington, are gearing up to take part in a production of the American musical which follows the lives of talented hopefuls at the world-famous High School for Performing Arts New York.
The pupils, aged between 11 and 18, have spent the last five months rehearsing for five hours a week for the musical, which has been an annual event at the school for the last three years.
Hundreds of students from around the school have been involved in set, prop and costume making as well as fundraising.
Jemma Van-Praagh, head of drama, said: “The students and staff have worked incredibly hard to create a professional musical in a school setting. Parents have been involved with helping with costumes and helping to raise funds. The input from all involved has been remarkable and shown the true Stoke Newington sense of community.”
The show will be performed at the school on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at 7.30pm.
Tickets can be bought from the school’s reception and cost £7 for adults and £4 for children.
- 1 'Catastrophic consequences': Thousands of unvaccinated could lose work at Homerton Hospital
- 2 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 3 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 4 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 5 Dalston delivery drivers demand shelter, safety and 'dignity'
- 6 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 7 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 8 Library of Things opens in Dalston: Steam cleaners, tools and more for rent
- 9 'We are trying to shift a culture': ending harassment of Hackney school pupils
- 10 Hackney leaders warn of long-term funding crisis