Stoke Newington pupils set to stage production of Fame - The Musical this week
- Credit: Archant
Stoke Newington pupils are preparing for a show-stopping production of celebrated Fame - The Musical this month.
About 60 pupils at Stoke Newington School and Sixth Form in Clissold Road, Stoke Newington, are gearing up to take part in a production of the American musical which follows the lives of talented hopefuls at the world-famous High School for Performing Arts New York.
The pupils, aged between 11 and 18, have spent the last five months rehearsing for five hours a week for the musical, which has been an annual event at the school for the last three years.
Hundreds of students from around the school have been involved in set, prop and costume making as well as fundraising.
Jemma Van-Praagh, head of drama, said: “The students and staff have worked incredibly hard to create a professional musical in a school setting. Parents have been involved with helping with costumes and helping to raise funds. The input from all involved has been remarkable and shown the true Stoke Newington sense of community.”
You may also want to watch:
The show will be performed at the school on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at 7.30pm.
Tickets can be bought from the school’s reception and cost £7 for adults and £4 for children.
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 3 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 4 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 5 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 6 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 7 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 Boiling Point: The film shot in one take inside a Hackney restaurant
- 10 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside