Stoke Newington pupils set to stage production of Fame - The Musical this week
- Credit: Archant
Stoke Newington pupils are preparing for a show-stopping production of celebrated Fame - The Musical this month.
About 60 pupils at Stoke Newington School and Sixth Form in Clissold Road, Stoke Newington, are gearing up to take part in a production of the American musical which follows the lives of talented hopefuls at the world-famous High School for Performing Arts New York.
The pupils, aged between 11 and 18, have spent the last five months rehearsing for five hours a week for the musical, which has been an annual event at the school for the last three years.
Hundreds of students from around the school have been involved in set, prop and costume making as well as fundraising.
Jemma Van-Praagh, head of drama, said: “The students and staff have worked incredibly hard to create a professional musical in a school setting. Parents have been involved with helping with costumes and helping to raise funds. The input from all involved has been remarkable and shown the true Stoke Newington sense of community.”
You may also want to watch:
The show will be performed at the school on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at 7.30pm.
Tickets can be bought from the school’s reception and cost £7 for adults and £4 for children.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 3 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 4 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 5 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 Charity puts on community feasts to tackle food waste
- 10 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop