Stoke Newington pupils set to stage production of Fame - The Musical this week
- Credit: Archant
Stoke Newington pupils are preparing for a show-stopping production of celebrated Fame - The Musical this month.
About 60 pupils at Stoke Newington School and Sixth Form in Clissold Road, Stoke Newington, are gearing up to take part in a production of the American musical which follows the lives of talented hopefuls at the world-famous High School for Performing Arts New York.
The pupils, aged between 11 and 18, have spent the last five months rehearsing for five hours a week for the musical, which has been an annual event at the school for the last three years.
Hundreds of students from around the school have been involved in set, prop and costume making as well as fundraising.
Jemma Van-Praagh, head of drama, said: “The students and staff have worked incredibly hard to create a professional musical in a school setting. Parents have been involved with helping with costumes and helping to raise funds. The input from all involved has been remarkable and shown the true Stoke Newington sense of community.”
You may also want to watch:
The show will be performed at the school on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at 7.30pm.
Tickets can be bought from the school’s reception and cost £7 for adults and £4 for children.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 6 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 7 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 8 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 9 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition