Students shine at Hackney Community College Awards 2014
- Credit: Archant
The achievement and success of inspirational Hackney Community College students was recognised at a high profile award ceremony last week.
Special guests including London Assembly Member Jennette Arnold and Hackney North and Stoke Newington MP Diane Abbott joined friends, family and
staff at the event held at creative agency Mother in Shoreditch.
During his welcome speech, Principal Ian Ashman explained how the annual ceremony supports the college’s commitment to raising levels of ambition, success and opportunity within the community.
As well as student awards across a range of categories, three students were crowned Students of the Year, receiving mini iPads as prizes.
You may also want to watch:
Hafezur Miah was recognised for his impressive technical skills, Michael Rennie was recognised for his outstanding progress in overcoming challenges in communication and social engagement and Audrey Gilbert was marked out for her contribution to running the college’s Open Kitchen Bar and Restaurant in Hoxton Street.
- 1 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 2 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 6 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 7 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts
- 8 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 9 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 10 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000