Students shine at Hackney Community College Awards 2014
- Credit: Archant
The achievement and success of inspirational Hackney Community College students was recognised at a high profile award ceremony last week.
Special guests including London Assembly Member Jennette Arnold and Hackney North and Stoke Newington MP Diane Abbott joined friends, family and
staff at the event held at creative agency Mother in Shoreditch.
During his welcome speech, Principal Ian Ashman explained how the annual ceremony supports the college’s commitment to raising levels of ambition, success and opportunity within the community.
As well as student awards across a range of categories, three students were crowned Students of the Year, receiving mini iPads as prizes.
You may also want to watch:
Hafezur Miah was recognised for his impressive technical skills, Michael Rennie was recognised for his outstanding progress in overcoming challenges in communication and social engagement and Audrey Gilbert was marked out for her contribution to running the college’s Open Kitchen Bar and Restaurant in Hoxton Street.
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 3 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 4 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 10 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian