Students shine at Hackney Community College Awards 2014
- Credit: Archant
The achievement and success of inspirational Hackney Community College students was recognised at a high profile award ceremony last week.
Special guests including London Assembly Member Jennette Arnold and Hackney North and Stoke Newington MP Diane Abbott joined friends, family and
staff at the event held at creative agency Mother in Shoreditch.
During his welcome speech, Principal Ian Ashman explained how the annual ceremony supports the college’s commitment to raising levels of ambition, success and opportunity within the community.
As well as student awards across a range of categories, three students were crowned Students of the Year, receiving mini iPads as prizes.
You may also want to watch:
Hafezur Miah was recognised for his impressive technical skills, Michael Rennie was recognised for his outstanding progress in overcoming challenges in communication and social engagement and Audrey Gilbert was marked out for her contribution to running the college’s Open Kitchen Bar and Restaurant in Hoxton Street.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 4 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 8 Hackney postal voters urged to reapply after cyber-attack
- 9 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase