Tayyibah girls make ‘This is your Life’ style autobiographies for St Joseph’s Hospice patients
- Credit: Tayyibah Girls School
Pupils from Tayyibah Girls School created ‘This is your Life’ style autobiographies for elderly patients at St Joseph’s Hospice in an inter-generational project.
The girls from the Stamford Hill secondary school partnered with day patients from the hospice in Mare Street, to learn about their lives.
They then collated the information in detailed Life Books which contained stories, quotes, pictures and artwork.
Amy Outingdyke, day hospice manager said, “Our patients loved spending time with the girls and sharing there stories. Despite the difference in age, background and culture they all gelled together so well and learnt from each other.
“The books the girls presented at the end were so beautiful and so meaningful to the patients.”
You may also want to watch:
The project was organised by educational charity Knowledge to Action.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 9 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared