Tayyibah girls make ‘This is your Life’ style autobiographies for St Joseph’s Hospice patients
- Credit: Tayyibah Girls School
Pupils from Tayyibah Girls School created ‘This is your Life’ style autobiographies for elderly patients at St Joseph’s Hospice in an inter-generational project.
The girls from the Stamford Hill secondary school partnered with day patients from the hospice in Mare Street, to learn about their lives.
They then collated the information in detailed Life Books which contained stories, quotes, pictures and artwork.
Amy Outingdyke, day hospice manager said, “Our patients loved spending time with the girls and sharing there stories. Despite the difference in age, background and culture they all gelled together so well and learnt from each other.
“The books the girls presented at the end were so beautiful and so meaningful to the patients.”
You may also want to watch:
The project was organised by educational charity Knowledge to Action.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 4 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 7 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 8 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 9 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney