Teachers of special needs pupils in Hackney to strike
- Credit: Archant
Specialist teachers and early-support officers are preparing to take strike action outside the Hackney Learning Trust (HLT) offices next week.
Members in the Inclusion Team – which provides expert special educational needs support to pupils and advises schools - are concerned about HLT’s proposed restructure of the department which would see job losses and increased work load.
The proposals would also see the specialist teachers losing teachers’ terms and conditions and a subsequent loss of salary.
Negotiations are under way, but a spokesman from the Hackney branch of National Union of Teachers said the strike action will go ahead unless there is “a substantial change of position from HLT”.
The first wave of strike action is scheduled to begin on Tuesday December 3 with a rally outside the HLT in Reading Lane on Wednesday 4th December at 4.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for Hackney Learning Trust said: “We will continue to consult with unions and hope to resolve this matter.”
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 5 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 6 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Boiling Point: The film shot in one take inside a Hackney restaurant
- 9 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 10 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing