Teachers of special needs pupils in Hackney to strike
- Credit: Archant
Specialist teachers and early-support officers are preparing to take strike action outside the Hackney Learning Trust (HLT) offices next week.
Members in the Inclusion Team – which provides expert special educational needs support to pupils and advises schools - are concerned about HLT’s proposed restructure of the department which would see job losses and increased work load.
The proposals would also see the specialist teachers losing teachers’ terms and conditions and a subsequent loss of salary.
Negotiations are under way, but a spokesman from the Hackney branch of National Union of Teachers said the strike action will go ahead unless there is “a substantial change of position from HLT”.
The first wave of strike action is scheduled to begin on Tuesday December 3 with a rally outside the HLT in Reading Lane on Wednesday 4th December at 4.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for Hackney Learning Trust said: “We will continue to consult with unions and hope to resolve this matter.”
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 3 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
- 4 Mick Gosling tribute: 'Political vision and flair'
- 5 Hackney 'unsung heroes' honoured in Mayor's civic awards
- 6 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 7 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 8 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 9 Free boat parties, stone-fired pizza and more this weekend in Hackney
- 10 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions