Teachers of special needs pupils in Hackney to strike
- Credit: Archant
Specialist teachers and early-support officers are preparing to take strike action outside the Hackney Learning Trust (HLT) offices next week.
Members in the Inclusion Team – which provides expert special educational needs support to pupils and advises schools - are concerned about HLT’s proposed restructure of the department which would see job losses and increased work load.
The proposals would also see the specialist teachers losing teachers’ terms and conditions and a subsequent loss of salary.
Negotiations are under way, but a spokesman from the Hackney branch of National Union of Teachers said the strike action will go ahead unless there is “a substantial change of position from HLT”.
The first wave of strike action is scheduled to begin on Tuesday December 3 with a rally outside the HLT in Reading Lane on Wednesday 4th December at 4.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for Hackney Learning Trust said: “We will continue to consult with unions and hope to resolve this matter.”
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 7 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 8 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets