Teachers of special needs pupils in Hackney to strike
- Credit: Archant
Specialist teachers and early-support officers are preparing to take strike action outside the Hackney Learning Trust (HLT) offices next week.
Members in the Inclusion Team – which provides expert special educational needs support to pupils and advises schools - are concerned about HLT’s proposed restructure of the department which would see job losses and increased work load.
The proposals would also see the specialist teachers losing teachers’ terms and conditions and a subsequent loss of salary.
Negotiations are under way, but a spokesman from the Hackney branch of National Union of Teachers said the strike action will go ahead unless there is “a substantial change of position from HLT”.
The first wave of strike action is scheduled to begin on Tuesday December 3 with a rally outside the HLT in Reading Lane on Wednesday 4th December at 4.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for Hackney Learning Trust said: “We will continue to consult with unions and hope to resolve this matter.”
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 4 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 8 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 9 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 10 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs