Silver teaching award for ‘good student outcomes’ given to New City College
- Credit: Mike Brooke+Google
The prestigious Teaching and Excellence Framework award has been given to New City College for this year’s results published by the Office for Students.
The silver rating recognises that students on higher education courses achieve "excellent outcomes" in moving into jobs and careers or onto further study.
The college campuses at Shoreditch, Poplar and Stepney were praised by the Office for Students for their teaching environment, digital and physical teaching resources and having links with employers.
"To be ranked alongside some well-known universities is a great reward," New City's executive head Gerry McDonald said. "This recognises the efforts our teaching staff put in to really make a difference to our students."
The award assessments highlight examples of good outcomes for students in a diverse range of universities, colleges and other higher education institutions.
You may also want to watch:
The number of higher education institutions which have now received the award has reached 283, with 76 getting gold, 132 receiving silver including New City and 61 with bronze.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 6 Scenes from Ridley Road Market during lockdown captured by photographer
- 7 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 8 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 9 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 10 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop