Silver teaching award for ‘good student outcomes’ given to New City College
- Credit: Mike Brooke+Google
The prestigious Teaching and Excellence Framework award has been given to New City College for this year’s results published by the Office for Students.
The silver rating recognises that students on higher education courses achieve "excellent outcomes" in moving into jobs and careers or onto further study.
The college campuses at Shoreditch, Poplar and Stepney were praised by the Office for Students for their teaching environment, digital and physical teaching resources and having links with employers.
"To be ranked alongside some well-known universities is a great reward," New City's executive head Gerry McDonald said. "This recognises the efforts our teaching staff put in to really make a difference to our students."
The award assessments highlight examples of good outcomes for students in a diverse range of universities, colleges and other higher education institutions.
You may also want to watch:
The number of higher education institutions which have now received the award has reached 283, with 76 getting gold, 132 receiving silver including New City and 61 with bronze.
- 1 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 2 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 3 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 4 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 9 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 10 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London