Teddy Bear School House celebrates 20 years of childcare in Hackney
- Credit: Archant
A nursery was transformed into a fair for the day to mark its 20 years providing childcare in Hackney.
Parents, staff and kids met at Teddy Bear School House for a day of party games, face painting and barbecue food.
Managing director Mo Lalude was inspired to open the Mayola Road nursery back in 1997 following her struggles to find good quality childcare for her own son at an affordable cost.
Looking back on her two decades of managing the nursery, she said: “I was looking for a home away from home where he could thrive, have fun and enjoy his early years.
“Equally important was a stimulating environment conducive to early learning, which would allow maximal personal development.
You may also want to watch:
“Our nursery aims to achieve these goals with an emphasis on caring and learning.”
The August 31 fair also marked the launch of the nursery’s new book, A Day at Teddy Bear School House.
- 1 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 2 Hackney Wick floating restaurant wins Catey award
- 3 'It could be a grim Christmas': Brexit blamed for Hackney fuel shortages
- 4 No shortage of energy for runners in the Hackney Half and 5K
- 5 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 6 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 7 Meet the Insta-famous Hackney café taking over your feed
- 8 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 9 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 10 Mosaic unveiled at near Finsbury Park station entrance at City North