Top dinner lady gives healthy eating tips to Dalston schoolchildren
Jeanette Orrey has worked with Jamie Oliver
An award-winning dinner lady visited pupils at a Dalston primary school to help them promote healthy eating.
Jeanette Orrey, the woman who first warned Jamie Oliver about turkey twizzlers, spoke to children at Shacklewell Primary School in Shacklewell Row.
Jeanette teamed up with the celebrity chef for TV series Jamie’s School Dinners after winning the title of Best Dinner Lady in the Food & Farming Awards 2003.
Shacklewell is a flagship school for the Food for Life campaign, which she founded in the same year.
You may also want to watch:
It means pupils are leading the way in Hackney growing and cooking their own food.
- 1 Hackney postal voters urged to reapply after cyber-attack
- 2 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 6 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 7 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 8 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 9 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops