Top dinner lady gives healthy eating tips to Dalston schoolchildren
Jeanette Orrey has worked with Jamie Oliver
An award-winning dinner lady visited pupils at a Dalston primary school to help them promote healthy eating.
Jeanette Orrey, the woman who first warned Jamie Oliver about turkey twizzlers, spoke to children at Shacklewell Primary School in Shacklewell Row.
Jeanette teamed up with the celebrity chef for TV series Jamie’s School Dinners after winning the title of Best Dinner Lady in the Food & Farming Awards 2003.
Shacklewell is a flagship school for the Food for Life campaign, which she founded in the same year.
You may also want to watch:
It means pupils are leading the way in Hackney growing and cooking their own food.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 2 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 3 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 4 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 5 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 6 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 7 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 8 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 9 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 10 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month