Top dinner lady gives healthy eating tips to Dalston schoolchildren
Jeanette Orrey has worked with Jamie Oliver
An award-winning dinner lady visited pupils at a Dalston primary school to help them promote healthy eating.
Jeanette Orrey, the woman who first warned Jamie Oliver about turkey twizzlers, spoke to children at Shacklewell Primary School in Shacklewell Row.
Jeanette teamed up with the celebrity chef for TV series Jamie’s School Dinners after winning the title of Best Dinner Lady in the Food & Farming Awards 2003.
Shacklewell is a flagship school for the Food for Life campaign, which she founded in the same year.
You may also want to watch:
It means pupils are leading the way in Hackney growing and cooking their own food.
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 5 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 6 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 7 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"
- 8 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 9 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home