Two Hackney colleges amongst 13 nationally to pick up prestigious TES awards
Both of Hackney’s further education colleges have won prestigious Times Educational Supplement (TES) Further Education awards.
Hackney Community College (HCC) in Falkirk Street was awarded for its outstanding contribution the local community for its work to maximise benefits of the 2012 Games.
Meanwhile BSix in Kenninghall Road was awarded for innovation in teaching and learning.
The college’s unique partnership with Pembroke College in Oxford was lauded as one of the most innovative programmes for widening participation at top universities the judges had ever seen.
HCC principal Ian Ashman said: “Local people can be assured that both HCC and BSix offer superb education and training, and this is recognised over and over again by external awards and accolades”
Hundreds of further education providers submitted entries for the 13 categories to recognise achievement in employer engagement, innovation in teaching, leadership and entrepreneurship.
- 1 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 2 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 3 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 4 Dalston food couriers protest will disrupt deliveries this afternoon
- 5 'We are trying to shift a culture': ending harassment of Hackney school pupils
- 6 Incinerator protest group WhatsApp infiltrated by waste authority member
- 7 Apply now: Hackney Central business fund launched
- 8 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 9 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 10 Three jailed after 'horrific' revenge attack on teenage boy near Finsbury Park