Two Hackney colleges amongst 13 nationally to pick up prestigious TES awards
Both of Hackney’s further education colleges have won prestigious Times Educational Supplement (TES) Further Education awards.
Hackney Community College (HCC) in Falkirk Street was awarded for its outstanding contribution the local community for its work to maximise benefits of the 2012 Games.
Meanwhile BSix in Kenninghall Road was awarded for innovation in teaching and learning.
The college’s unique partnership with Pembroke College in Oxford was lauded as one of the most innovative programmes for widening participation at top universities the judges had ever seen.
HCC principal Ian Ashman said: “Local people can be assured that both HCC and BSix offer superb education and training, and this is recognised over and over again by external awards and accolades”
You may also want to watch:
Hundreds of further education providers submitted entries for the 13 categories to recognise achievement in employer engagement, innovation in teaching, leadership and entrepreneurship.
- 1 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 2 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities