Two Hackney colleges amongst 13 nationally to pick up prestigious TES awards
Both of Hackney’s further education colleges have won prestigious Times Educational Supplement (TES) Further Education awards.
Hackney Community College (HCC) in Falkirk Street was awarded for its outstanding contribution the local community for its work to maximise benefits of the 2012 Games.
Meanwhile BSix in Kenninghall Road was awarded for innovation in teaching and learning.
The college’s unique partnership with Pembroke College in Oxford was lauded as one of the most innovative programmes for widening participation at top universities the judges had ever seen.
HCC principal Ian Ashman said: “Local people can be assured that both HCC and BSix offer superb education and training, and this is recognised over and over again by external awards and accolades”
You may also want to watch:
Hundreds of further education providers submitted entries for the 13 categories to recognise achievement in employer engagement, innovation in teaching, leadership and entrepreneurship.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 6 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 7 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 8 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year