Two Hackney colleges amongst 13 nationally to pick up prestigious TES awards
Both of Hackney’s further education colleges have won prestigious Times Educational Supplement (TES) Further Education awards.
Hackney Community College (HCC) in Falkirk Street was awarded for its outstanding contribution the local community for its work to maximise benefits of the 2012 Games.
Meanwhile BSix in Kenninghall Road was awarded for innovation in teaching and learning.
The college’s unique partnership with Pembroke College in Oxford was lauded as one of the most innovative programmes for widening participation at top universities the judges had ever seen.
HCC principal Ian Ashman said: “Local people can be assured that both HCC and BSix offer superb education and training, and this is recognised over and over again by external awards and accolades”
You may also want to watch:
Hundreds of further education providers submitted entries for the 13 categories to recognise achievement in employer engagement, innovation in teaching, leadership and entrepreneurship.
- 1 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 2 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 3 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 4 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Hackney from climate emergency
- 6 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 7 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 8 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 9 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 10 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers