Tyssen Primary School fights MS with superhero day
- Credit: Archant
Students and teachers at Tyssen Primary School in Stamford Hill took justice into their own hands when they dressed up as superheroes for charity on Friday.
The special day was held to raise money for teacher Hannah Greene’s trek through the Alps in September.
Hannah was sadly diagnosed with multiple sclerosis 18 months ago, and is undertaking the three-day hike to raise cash and awareness for the MS Trust.
“The school are amazing, and have been so very supportive,” said Hannah, who has taught at Tyssen, in Oldhill Street, for nearly 10 years.
“They let me organise the whole thing. The children absolutely loved the day, as you can imagine.”
You may also want to watch:
If you want to help Hannah reach her target, visit justgiving.com/fundraising/Hannah-Greene
- 1 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 2 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities