What’s on in Hackney this weekend
- Credit: Archant
A short, sharp guide to what’s on in Hackney this weekend:
Meet Sarah Hadland, from TV’s Horrible Histories, who will be taking about the gorier side of history. From 2pm, at Dalston CLR James Library, Dalston Square, Dalston, E8. Free, call 020 7836 6688.
Make a giant fruit salad and taste it as part of the great grub club which teaches children about healthy eating. From 2pm, at Homerton Library, Homerton High Street, E9. Free, call 020 8356 1690
Enjoy some afrobeat and reggae with Bukky Leo and Dennis Bovell Live. From 8pm, at Passing Clouds, 1 Richmond Road, E8. Costs £5, call email@example.com.
Check out an exhibition on the extinction of the dodo at Hackney Central Library. From 9.30am, at Hackney Central library, 1 Reading Lane, Hackney, E8. Free, call 020 8356 4358.
- 1 ‘Messy, blundering, inconsiderate’ - Hackney mayor slams police over Dalston op violence
- 2 Appeal: CCTV image released after mosque attacked with bottles
- 3 By-election after Hackney Labour councillor resigns
- 4 All you need to know about Hackney Half and Hackney Moves
- 5 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 6 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 7 'Time for change': Hackney Mayor on re-election plans
- 8 Kids join police as 20 speed tickets given out
- 9 Demolition begins to make way for Hoxton homes
- 10 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
Visit the last day of contemporary parenthood exhibition Being Mum, Being Dad, which provides a snapshot of life as a typical Hackney parent. From 9.30am, at Hackney Museum, 1 Reading Lane, Hackney, E8. Free, call 020 8356 3500.
Learn what locally sourced produce works best for your skin type and make face-masks, lip balms, scrubs, body cream and more. From 11am, at Food For All Basement, 3 Cazenove Road, Stamford Hill, N16. Costs £60, call 020 8442 4266.
Step into summery ’60s rock’n’roll Las Vegas with an all-female dance troupe and screening of 1964 musical Viva Las Vegas. From 8pm, at Hackney Attic, Hackney, 270 Mare Street, E8. Costs £5 advance, call 08717042068
Check out the wonderful produce and food at Chatsworth Road Market in Clapton. From 11am, at Chatsworth Road, Clapton, E5. Free, visit www.chatsworthroade5.co.uk.
Learn how to set up the machine, wind a bobbin, different stitch functions, basic sewing skills and the confidence to progress on to making things for yourself using a machine. From 11am, at Fabrications, 7 Broadway Market, Hackney, E8. Costs £30, call 020 7275 8043.