World dishes on a budget
- Credit: Archant
Learn how to cook on a budget and eat healthily in a hands-on cooking class.
Bags of Taste, which teaches people who are struggling with food costs to eat better for less, is running the workshops in St Paul’s Church Hall, Stoke Newington Road from Tuesday January 12 until Tuesday February 2 from 11am to 1.30pm.
Recipes are sourced from around the world and are all designed to cost less than £1 per head.
Dishes will include Swedish meatballs, fajitas, fish curry and special fried rice.
At the end of every lesson participants can buy bags of ingredients for £3, with enough food included for four meals, so you can try cooking it again at home.
You may also want to watch:
The course at Bags of Taste is designed using behavioural science with the aim to drive dietary behaviour change, and they work with people at risk of health inequalities who are in food poverty.
A spokesman said: “People on low incomes are often eating the worst. It seems impossible sometimes to eat “real food” any cheaper than an 89p Iceland pizza or chicken and chips for £1, but we know it can be done and done even more tastily than the takeaway.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 9 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
To join the course call 07923 248 586 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.