World dishes on a budget
- Credit: Archant
Learn how to cook on a budget and eat healthily in a hands-on cooking class.
Bags of Taste, which teaches people who are struggling with food costs to eat better for less, is running the workshops in St Paul’s Church Hall, Stoke Newington Road from Tuesday January 12 until Tuesday February 2 from 11am to 1.30pm.
Recipes are sourced from around the world and are all designed to cost less than £1 per head.
Dishes will include Swedish meatballs, fajitas, fish curry and special fried rice.
At the end of every lesson participants can buy bags of ingredients for £3, with enough food included for four meals, so you can try cooking it again at home.
You may also want to watch:
The course at Bags of Taste is designed using behavioural science with the aim to drive dietary behaviour change, and they work with people at risk of health inequalities who are in food poverty.
A spokesman said: “People on low incomes are often eating the worst. It seems impossible sometimes to eat “real food” any cheaper than an 89p Iceland pizza or chicken and chips for £1, but we know it can be done and done even more tastily than the takeaway.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 6 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 7 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 8 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 9 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
To join the course call 07923 248 586 or email email@example.com.