World dishes on a budget
- Credit: Archant
Learn how to cook on a budget and eat healthily in a hands-on cooking class.
Bags of Taste, which teaches people who are struggling with food costs to eat better for less, is running the workshops in St Paul’s Church Hall, Stoke Newington Road from Tuesday January 12 until Tuesday February 2 from 11am to 1.30pm.
Recipes are sourced from around the world and are all designed to cost less than £1 per head.
Dishes will include Swedish meatballs, fajitas, fish curry and special fried rice.
At the end of every lesson participants can buy bags of ingredients for £3, with enough food included for four meals, so you can try cooking it again at home.
The course at Bags of Taste is designed using behavioural science with the aim to drive dietary behaviour change, and they work with people at risk of health inequalities who are in food poverty.
A spokesman said: “People on low incomes are often eating the worst. It seems impossible sometimes to eat “real food” any cheaper than an 89p Iceland pizza or chicken and chips for £1, but we know it can be done and done even more tastily than the takeaway.
- 1 Operation to crack down on Dalston street robberies erupted into 'violence'
- 2 Disorder in Dalston: Eight charged and footage referred to IOPC watchdog
- 3 Footage appearing to show officer striking man in Dalston under review
- 4 Arrests for violent disorder following Dalston moped operation
- 5 Flats under construction in Hackney Wick to be knocked down and rebuilt
- 6 New community mural painted by residents unveiled in Stoke Newington
- 7 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
- 8 Two teenagers arrested following stabbing of 16-year-old
- 9 Speeding driver who killed elderly man in hit and run found guilty
- 10 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
To join the course call 07923 248 586 or email email@example.com.