World dishes on a budget
- Credit: Archant
Learn how to cook on a budget and eat healthily in a hands-on cooking class.
Bags of Taste, which teaches people who are struggling with food costs to eat better for less, is running the workshops in St Paul’s Church Hall, Stoke Newington Road from Tuesday January 12 until Tuesday February 2 from 11am to 1.30pm.
Recipes are sourced from around the world and are all designed to cost less than £1 per head.
Dishes will include Swedish meatballs, fajitas, fish curry and special fried rice.
At the end of every lesson participants can buy bags of ingredients for £3, with enough food included for four meals, so you can try cooking it again at home.
You may also want to watch:
The course at Bags of Taste is designed using behavioural science with the aim to drive dietary behaviour change, and they work with people at risk of health inequalities who are in food poverty.
A spokesman said: “People on low incomes are often eating the worst. It seems impossible sometimes to eat “real food” any cheaper than an 89p Iceland pizza or chicken and chips for £1, but we know it can be done and done even more tastily than the takeaway.
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 3 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 4 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 8 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 9 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 10 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London
To join the course call 07923 248 586 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.