Elbow, Sinead O-Connor, and Ed Sheeran come to Hackney for Mencap concerts
Rapper Example, singer-songwriter Marina & The Diamonds and pop diva Goldfrapp also set to appear at Little Noise Sessions.
Elbow, Ed Sheeran and Sinead O-Connor are among the top British performers coming to St John at Hackney Church next month when it becomes the new home of a charity music festival.
Mencap’s Little Noise Sessions, curated by radio DJ Jo Whiley, will also feature rapper Example, singer-songwriter Marina & The Diamonds and pop diva Goldfrapp among others in gigs over six nights.
The sixth annual event, which has previously taken place at Islington’s Union Chapel, supports people with learning disabilities.
Elbow front-man Guy Garvey said: ”We are dead proud to be added to the list of amazing bands that have done the Little Noise Sessions for Jo Whiley and Mencap. In fact we have organised a warm up tour of Europe before the show to make sure we are in tip top condition when we play.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets go on general sale on October 10 with a presale for subscribers on October 7.
For more information go to www.littlenoisesessions.org.uk.
- 1 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 2 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 3 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 4 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 5 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 6 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 7 Gone in 60 seconds: Watch as 'keyless' thief steals Hackney car
- 8 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 9 Surgery blunder sees wrong side of 75-year-old patient's thyroid removed
- 10 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness