Elbow, Sinead O-Connor, and Ed Sheeran come to Hackney for Mencap concerts
Rapper Example, singer-songwriter Marina & The Diamonds and pop diva Goldfrapp also set to appear at Little Noise Sessions.
Elbow, Ed Sheeran and Sinead O-Connor are among the top British performers coming to St John at Hackney Church next month when it becomes the new home of a charity music festival.
Mencap’s Little Noise Sessions, curated by radio DJ Jo Whiley, will also feature rapper Example, singer-songwriter Marina & The Diamonds and pop diva Goldfrapp among others in gigs over six nights.
The sixth annual event, which has previously taken place at Islington’s Union Chapel, supports people with learning disabilities.
Elbow front-man Guy Garvey said: ”We are dead proud to be added to the list of amazing bands that have done the Little Noise Sessions for Jo Whiley and Mencap. In fact we have organised a warm up tour of Europe before the show to make sure we are in tip top condition when we play.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets go on general sale on October 10 with a presale for subscribers on October 7.
For more information go to www.littlenoisesessions.org.uk.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 3 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 4 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 8 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 10 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers