Elderly couple injured after three-wheeled car blaze in Dalston
- Credit: Archant
Dalston Lane is closed to vehicles in both directions and buses are on diversion after the incident in Dalston Lane opposite Brook Community Primary School.
Emergency services were called just after 10.20am and an injured elderly woman and man were both treated by the London Ambulance Service.
Two fire engines from Homerton attended the scene opposite Brook Community Primary School in Sigdon Road, and 10 fire fighters had the fire under control by 10.45am.
Nearby Navarino Mansions resident Ken Levy said: “The driver was in the car with his wife, he collapsed in the road because of smoke inhalation, three men got them away from the scene.”
The car was completely destroyed in the blaze.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Bus routes 30 and 56 are subject to delay.
- 1 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 2 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 3 Dalston food couriers protest will disrupt deliveries this afternoon
- 4 24-hour waking watch: Shoreditch block's fire alarm system damaged by flood
- 5 Apply now: Hackney Central business fund launched
- 6 Incinerator protest group WhatsApp infiltrated by waste authority member
- 7 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 8 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 9 Girl reported missing from Hackney found
- 10 Drug dealer jailed after being caught with cannabis and cash