Elderly couple injured after three-wheeled car blaze in Dalston
- Credit: Archant
Dalston Lane is closed to vehicles in both directions and buses are on diversion after the incident in Dalston Lane opposite Brook Community Primary School.
Emergency services were called just after 10.20am and an injured elderly woman and man were both treated by the London Ambulance Service.
Two fire engines from Homerton attended the scene opposite Brook Community Primary School in Sigdon Road, and 10 fire fighters had the fire under control by 10.45am.
Nearby Navarino Mansions resident Ken Levy said: “The driver was in the car with his wife, he collapsed in the road because of smoke inhalation, three men got them away from the scene.”
The car was completely destroyed in the blaze.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Bus routes 30 and 56 are subject to delay.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 8 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 9 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school