Election 2015: Your questions asked at candidate Q&A session
- Credit: Archant
Get involved with the General Election and grill your prospective MPs on the issues that matter to you.
For the first time, we will be hosting candidates at Gazette HQ for our own social media evening from 7pm to 8pm tonight and Monday April 27 (Hackney South & Shoreditch candidates) – giving you the chance to directly grill them on the issues that are most important to you.
Each candidate will be put in the hot seat for a live Q&A session, where they will be quizzed by you, our readers, over the issues that are most important to you.
Gazette editor Aimee Brannen said: “Hackney is a vibrant borough politically and our news team is looking forward to reporting on the cut and thrust of election time in our two constituencies.
“Events like our social media evening and the hustings we will cover aim to give residents the chance to contribute and really get to grips with the issues that matter to them.”
You may also want to watch:
Hackney’s two seats, Hackney North and Stoke Newington and Hackney South and Shoreditch, will be hotly contested by all parties this year so every vote counts.
From today, you can send us your questions for the social media evening by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with Social Media Evening in the subject line.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 4 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 7 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 8 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
Alternatively, keep reading our election coverage over the coming weeks to find out how to put questions to the candidates live on the night via Twitter, Facebook and other social media platforms.
Stay up-to-date with the latest election news by following @HackneyGazette and liking our Facebook page.