Election 2015: Your questions asked at candidate Q&A session
- Credit: Archant
Get involved with the General Election and grill your prospective MPs on the issues that matter to you.
For the first time, we will be hosting candidates at Gazette HQ for our own social media evening from 7pm to 8pm tonight and Monday April 27 (Hackney South & Shoreditch candidates) – giving you the chance to directly grill them on the issues that are most important to you.
Each candidate will be put in the hot seat for a live Q&A session, where they will be quizzed by you, our readers, over the issues that are most important to you.
Gazette editor Aimee Brannen said: “Hackney is a vibrant borough politically and our news team is looking forward to reporting on the cut and thrust of election time in our two constituencies.
“Events like our social media evening and the hustings we will cover aim to give residents the chance to contribute and really get to grips with the issues that matter to them.”
Hackney’s two seats, Hackney North and Stoke Newington and Hackney South and Shoreditch, will be hotly contested by all parties this year so every vote counts.
From today, you can send us your questions for the social media evening by emailing email@example.com with Social Media Evening in the subject line.
- 1 2 men stabbed in 'row involving group' in Upper Clapton
- 2 Monkeypox: 7 patients in Homerton and Royal Free hospitals
- 3 Jailed: Man chased teenager and stabbed him in back in Lower Clapton
- 4 Nursery downgraded by inspectors over sleep and safety concerns
- 5 Cardboard boxes causing delays in and around Hackney Wick
- 6 Appeal: CCTV image released after mosque attacked with bottles
- 7 Hackney girls school gets 'good' Ofsted after 'inadequate' rating
- 8 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 9 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
Alternatively, keep reading our election coverage over the coming weeks to find out how to put questions to the candidates live on the night via Twitter, Facebook and other social media platforms.
Stay up-to-date with the latest election news by following @HackneyGazette and liking our Facebook page.