Electric car charge point in Hackney unveiled
Green motorists can refuel car in Dalston car park.
ELECTRIC car owners can refuel their vehicles in the borough after hackney Council unveiled it’s first charge point.
The Bentley Road car park in Dalston is the location for the charging point which was unveiled by Cllr Feryal Demirci, Polly Rayne from POD Point and council officers from Parking and Streetscene services.
Cllr Demirci said: “We know that people in Hackney support our efforts to encourage the shift from petrol and diesel vehicles to electric ones.
“The launch of the borough’s first public electric vehicle charging point will continue to help improve air quality and contribute to a reduction in carbon emissions, as we strive to make Hackney a cleaner and greener place.”
You may also want to watch:
Further charging points will be installed around the borough during 2010/11, and the Council is currently assessing sites where demand is expected to be highest.
If you would like to suggest a location for a new electric vehicle charging point please contact Ben Kennedy on 020 8356 8023 or Ben.Kennedy@hackney.gov.uk
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 8 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 9 Hackney postal voters urged to reapply after cyber-attack