Electric car charge point in Hackney unveiled
Green motorists can refuel car in Dalston car park.
ELECTRIC car owners can refuel their vehicles in the borough after hackney Council unveiled it’s first charge point.
The Bentley Road car park in Dalston is the location for the charging point which was unveiled by Cllr Feryal Demirci, Polly Rayne from POD Point and council officers from Parking and Streetscene services.
Cllr Demirci said: “We know that people in Hackney support our efforts to encourage the shift from petrol and diesel vehicles to electric ones.
“The launch of the borough’s first public electric vehicle charging point will continue to help improve air quality and contribute to a reduction in carbon emissions, as we strive to make Hackney a cleaner and greener place.”
You may also want to watch:
Further charging points will be installed around the borough during 2010/11, and the Council is currently assessing sites where demand is expected to be highest.
If you would like to suggest a location for a new electric vehicle charging point please contact Ben Kennedy on 020 8356 8023 or Ben.Kennedy@hackney.gov.uk
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 4 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 5 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 6 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 9 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 10 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors