How many England footballers has your borough produced since 1966?
- Credit: PA
The number of England national team footballers produced by each London borough has been revealed, ahead of Euro 2020 kicking off next week.
A new study looked at the birthplace of each player selected to represent the Three Lions at a European Championship or World Cup since 1966.
Eight players hailing from Havering have been called up, seven from Tower Hamlets and four from Westminster, the research found.
Three players from Redbridge have pulled on the England shirt at international tournaments, along with two each from the boroughs of Hackney and Brent, according to the study by online betting review site Bookmakers.tv.
Another 54 players came from other London boroughs.
You may also want to watch:
England’s squad for Euro 2020 this summer includes Chelsea right-back Reece James, who was born in Ilford.
His England teammate and Manchester City attacker Raheem Sterling, born in Kingston, Jamaica, grew up in Brent.
- 1 Man loses sight in eye after "attack" outside Hackney chip shop
- 2 Owner of UK's first vegan Indian takeaway: 'I have shaken the entire industry'
- 3 5 films you may not know where shot in Hackney
- 4 Chatsworth Road trader told to pay up to £455 for licence to sell on land he says is his
- 5 Queen's Birthday Honours: Hackney man's vital vaccine work honoured
- 6 Hackney boxing champion Kirkland Laing dies aged 66
- 7 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
- 8 Delta Covid strain spreads in Hackney with high rates in neighbouring boroughs
- 9 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hackney flat block damaged as 25 firefighters respond to barbecue blaze