England international Harry Winks eager to ‘kick on’ after agreeing new deal at Tottenham Hotspur
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The talented midfielder caught the eye with his mature performances during the first half of the 2017/18 season
Harry Winks has vowed to kick on next season after signing a contract extension with Tottenham Hotspur this week.
The 22-year-old endured a stop-start campaign in the end having showed his potential during the early months of the term.
Winks starred in landmark victories at Wembley against Liverpool and Real Madrid, but an ankle injury in November was the beginning of a difficult time at Spurs.
Although the England midfielder continued to play for Mauricio Pochettino’s side, he did not look at his fittest and only made three appearances after the turn of the year.
You may also want to watch:
Several reports are now suggesting Winks will require surgery to fix his troublesome ankle, but the youngster has insisted he will be back better than ever ahead of the 2018/19 season in Tottenham’s new White Hart Lane home.
He said: “I’m delighted to have signed a new contract with Spurs, it’s just unfortunately the problems I’ve had with my ankle this season, but it’s time to get it fixed in order to kick on and become fitter and stronger for next season.”
- 1 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 2 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 6 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 7 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts
- 8 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 9 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 10 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
Winks new deal at Tottenham will see him remain under contract at the club until the end of the 2022/23 campaign.
The announcement regarding Winks occurred hours after defender Cameron Carter-Vickers had put pen to paper on new terms at Spurs.
The centre back is set to stay at White Hart Lane until the summer of 2021 having spent the past season on loan at Championship sides Sheffield United and Ipswich.