Eriksen joins Inter Milan while Lo Celso joins Spurs permanently
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Christian Eriksen has left the club to join Italian side Inter Milan following months of transfer speculation while the club have exercised the option to buy Giovanni Lo Celso.
Spurs have exercised the option to convert the loan of Lo Celso from Real Betis Balompié to a permanent transfer and he has signed a deal to stay at the club until 2025.
The midfielder has produced impressive performances after establishing himself in the team following a hip injury which restricted his playing time in the early part of his loan at the club.
A former player at Rosario Central and Paris Saint-Germain, Lo Celso has appeared in 20 games for Spurs so far in all competitions and registered two goals, including netting the first FA Cup goal against Middlesbrough earlier this month.
The 23-year-old is now expected to play a vital role in the team especially with Eriksen finally heading for the exit door.
You may also want to watch:
Eriksen made 305 appearances during his six-and-a-half year spell in north London, scoring 69 goals and providing 89 assists.
The Denmark international has become the third signing Inter have made from the Premier League this month, having already brought in Ashley Young from Manchester United and Victor Moses from Chelsea.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 6 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 7 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 8 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 9 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 10 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
Inter are currently second in Serie A behind leaders Juventus.