Event of the week: Hoxton Hall’s inaugural panto
- Credit: Archant
The first ever panto to take place at Hoxton Hall makes it premiere this Saturday - with an East End twist.
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs promises a thrilling adventure complete with a wicked queen, handsome prince, seven helpful dwarves, a poison apple and a very opinionated mirror.
Artistic director at the theatre in Hoxton Street, Karena Johnson, said: “Pantomime has its roots in the variety and music halls of Britain so it is fitting that we bring this national institution back to Hoxton Hall.
“This production allows us to bring the participatory and professional performance programs together in a production made for the communities of Hoxton.”
She continued: “Our pantomime uses the new technical capabilities of our newly restored unique building including contemporary circus performance and also gives a young actor from our very own acting agency Hoxton Street Management an opportunity.”
You may also want to watch:
The show marks the end of Hoxton Hall’s first new season since its £2million restoration.
The show runs from December 19 to Thursday December 24, tickets cost from £8 to £15.50.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 8 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 9 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 10 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea