Event of the week: Hoxton Hall’s inaugural panto
- Credit: Archant
The first ever panto to take place at Hoxton Hall makes it premiere this Saturday - with an East End twist.
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs promises a thrilling adventure complete with a wicked queen, handsome prince, seven helpful dwarves, a poison apple and a very opinionated mirror.
Artistic director at the theatre in Hoxton Street, Karena Johnson, said: “Pantomime has its roots in the variety and music halls of Britain so it is fitting that we bring this national institution back to Hoxton Hall.
“This production allows us to bring the participatory and professional performance programs together in a production made for the communities of Hoxton.”
She continued: “Our pantomime uses the new technical capabilities of our newly restored unique building including contemporary circus performance and also gives a young actor from our very own acting agency Hoxton Street Management an opportunity.”
You may also want to watch:
The show marks the end of Hoxton Hall’s first new season since its £2million restoration.
The show runs from December 19 to Thursday December 24, tickets cost from £8 to £15.50.
- 1 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 2 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 3 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 4 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 5 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 6 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 7 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 8 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 9 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 10 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder