Event of the week: Hoxton Hall’s inaugural panto
- Credit: Archant
The first ever panto to take place at Hoxton Hall makes it premiere this Saturday - with an East End twist.
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs promises a thrilling adventure complete with a wicked queen, handsome prince, seven helpful dwarves, a poison apple and a very opinionated mirror.
Artistic director at the theatre in Hoxton Street, Karena Johnson, said: “Pantomime has its roots in the variety and music halls of Britain so it is fitting that we bring this national institution back to Hoxton Hall.
“This production allows us to bring the participatory and professional performance programs together in a production made for the communities of Hoxton.”
She continued: “Our pantomime uses the new technical capabilities of our newly restored unique building including contemporary circus performance and also gives a young actor from our very own acting agency Hoxton Street Management an opportunity.”
You may also want to watch:
The show marks the end of Hoxton Hall’s first new season since its £2million restoration.
The show runs from December 19 to Thursday December 24, tickets cost from £8 to £15.50.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 3 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 4 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 5 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 6 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 7 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 8 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 9 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home