Event of the week: Pumpkin carving at the Dalston Eastern Curve
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of children, young people and families will descend on Dalston Eastern Curve Garden this weekend to carve fantastic pumpkin creations, helped by an army of Garden volunteers.
Then as darkness falls on the evening of Sunday October 25, all of the pumpkins will light the garden up for a big Lantern Show.
Marie Murray from the garden said: “The Halloween Pumpkin Lantern Show has become more and more popular every year.
“Last year there were a record number of 250 pumpkins carved over the weekend and the atmosphere when they were all lit up together in the Garden on the Sunday evening was truly magical.”
The pumpkin carving and lantern show are free, though donations to cover the costs of the pumpkins are welcomed.
You may also want to watch:
The lantern show starts a week of free activities for children and launches the annual ‘Festival of Light’, with lantern-making and installations to light up the Garden throughout the winter.
Carving sessions take place at 13 Dalston Lane from noon to 5pm on Saturday and noon to 4pm on Sunday, with the lantern show at 6pm until late.
- 1 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 2 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 3 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 4 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 5 Stats show rate of rise in Covid rates locally
- 6 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 7 Hackney leaders welcome Mayor Khan's ULEZ expansion
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 What A Wonderful World: Hackney Choirs sing for climate action ahead of COP26
- 10 I’m terrible at golf. Can a Shoreditch centre help me improve?
For more information about the the half-term programme for children see www.dalstongarden.org.