Event of the week: Pumpkin carving at the Dalston Eastern Curve
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of children, young people and families will descend on Dalston Eastern Curve Garden this weekend to carve fantastic pumpkin creations, helped by an army of Garden volunteers.
Then as darkness falls on the evening of Sunday October 25, all of the pumpkins will light the garden up for a big Lantern Show.
Marie Murray from the garden said: “The Halloween Pumpkin Lantern Show has become more and more popular every year.
“Last year there were a record number of 250 pumpkins carved over the weekend and the atmosphere when they were all lit up together in the Garden on the Sunday evening was truly magical.”
The pumpkin carving and lantern show are free, though donations to cover the costs of the pumpkins are welcomed.
You may also want to watch:
The lantern show starts a week of free activities for children and launches the annual ‘Festival of Light’, with lantern-making and installations to light up the Garden throughout the winter.
Carving sessions take place at 13 Dalston Lane from noon to 5pm on Saturday and noon to 4pm on Sunday, with the lantern show at 6pm until late.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 6 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 9 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 10 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
For more information about the the half-term programme for children see www.dalstongarden.org.