Tottenham Ladies to host Man City in FA Cup fifth round
- Credit: Archant
Karen Hills’ team will entertain the Women’s Super League leaders later this month
Spurs Ladies were handed a plum tie in the fifth round of the FA Cup when the draw was made on Monday evening.
Manchester City Women, of the Women’s Super League, will make the trip down to Cheshunt FC’s Theobalds Lane on Sunday, February 17.
City are the current leaders of the top flight and will prove difficult opposition for Karen Hills’ Tottenham Hotspur Ladies.
This will be the first time the two clubs have met and Spurs reached the fifth round with a 3-0 win away to Crystal Palace Women last weekend.
Goals from Jessica Naz, Ashleigh Neville and Coral-Jade Haines confirmed the Lilywhites’ place in the next stage of the competition.
This equals Tottenham’s best run in the tournament, but they know they will have to cause a big upset to go any further.
- 1 Children hospitalised in Stamford Hill house fire involving candles
- 2 Man on trial for attempted murder of girlfriend was in drug-induced psychosis
- 3 CCTV: Dog walker helped raped woman, 19, call the police in Hackney
- 4 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 5 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 6 Homerton LTN to be made permanent despite division among residents
- 7 Drivers and assistants for special needs pupils vote to strike after council 'brush off'
- 8 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 9 Acapella choir to debut at Hackney's Round Chapel
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
City are top of the Super League, ahead of Arsenal by one point, and are one of the best teams in the world.