Tottenham Ladies to host Man City in FA Cup fifth round
- Credit: Archant
Karen Hills’ team will entertain the Women’s Super League leaders later this month
Spurs Ladies were handed a plum tie in the fifth round of the FA Cup when the draw was made on Monday evening.
Manchester City Women, of the Women’s Super League, will make the trip down to Cheshunt FC’s Theobalds Lane on Sunday, February 17.
City are the current leaders of the top flight and will prove difficult opposition for Karen Hills’ Tottenham Hotspur Ladies.
This will be the first time the two clubs have met and Spurs reached the fifth round with a 3-0 win away to Crystal Palace Women last weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Goals from Jessica Naz, Ashleigh Neville and Coral-Jade Haines confirmed the Lilywhites’ place in the next stage of the competition.
This equals Tottenham’s best run in the tournament, but they know they will have to cause a big upset to go any further.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 5 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 6 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 7 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
City are top of the Super League, ahead of Arsenal by one point, and are one of the best teams in the world.