Tottenham Ladies to host Man City in FA Cup fifth round
- Credit: Archant
Karen Hills’ team will entertain the Women’s Super League leaders later this month
Spurs Ladies were handed a plum tie in the fifth round of the FA Cup when the draw was made on Monday evening.
Manchester City Women, of the Women’s Super League, will make the trip down to Cheshunt FC’s Theobalds Lane on Sunday, February 17.
City are the current leaders of the top flight and will prove difficult opposition for Karen Hills’ Tottenham Hotspur Ladies.
This will be the first time the two clubs have met and Spurs reached the fifth round with a 3-0 win away to Crystal Palace Women last weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Goals from Jessica Naz, Ashleigh Neville and Coral-Jade Haines confirmed the Lilywhites’ place in the next stage of the competition.
This equals Tottenham’s best run in the tournament, but they know they will have to cause a big upset to go any further.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 3 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
City are top of the Super League, ahead of Arsenal by one point, and are one of the best teams in the world.