Spurs to visit Merseyside in FA Cup third round
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Mauricio Pochettino will take his team to one of Tranmere Rovers or Southport on the weekend of January 5-6
Tottenham Hotspur will travel to one of Tranmere Rovers or Southport in the third round of the FA Cup after the draw was made this evening.
Spurs will definitely be visiting Merseyside on the weekend of January 5-6, but they will not find out who until next Tuesday (December 11) when the local clubs face off in a second round replay.
At the weekend, National League North side Southport fought back from a goal down to clinch a 1-1 draw away to League Two outfit Tranmere.
Regardless of who Mauricio Pochettino’s side take on, they will be overwhelming favourites to make it through to the fourth round.
You may also want to watch:
There is every chance the clash could be broadcast live on either the BBC or BT Sport given the David vs Goliath nature of the tie.
It will be Tottenham’s second match of 2019 after visiting Cardiff City on New Years Eve in the Premier League.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 5 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 6 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 9 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 10 Arsenal legend Kelly Smith says Williamson and Wubben-Moy have the chance to impress for Lionesses