Spurs to visit Merseyside in FA Cup third round
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Mauricio Pochettino will take his team to one of Tranmere Rovers or Southport on the weekend of January 5-6
Tottenham Hotspur will travel to one of Tranmere Rovers or Southport in the third round of the FA Cup after the draw was made this evening.
Spurs will definitely be visiting Merseyside on the weekend of January 5-6, but they will not find out who until next Tuesday (December 11) when the local clubs face off in a second round replay.
At the weekend, National League North side Southport fought back from a goal down to clinch a 1-1 draw away to League Two outfit Tranmere.
Regardless of who Mauricio Pochettino’s side take on, they will be overwhelming favourites to make it through to the fourth round.
You may also want to watch:
There is every chance the clash could be broadcast live on either the BBC or BT Sport given the David vs Goliath nature of the tie.
It will be Tottenham’s second match of 2019 after visiting Cardiff City on New Years Eve in the Premier League.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 10 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate