Vaccines, health advice, free haircuts and pet care for Hackney's homeless
- Credit: Richard Barrett
Free haircuts, health check-ups and advice will be available for Hackney people and pets who are homeless or vulnerably housed on Friday (October 8).
The Greenhouse Multi-Agency Group's fair for homeless people will be held in Hackney at the Greenhouse car park on Tudor Road from 12-2.30pm.
People and pets in need will be offered free haircuts, refreshments as well as health wellbeing and housing advice. Nurses and GPs will also provide flu and Covid vaccines on the day.
The event has been organised by the Greenhouse partnership with Thames Reach, Greenhouse Health, Welfare and Housing Advice, Groundswell and other groups.
Street Vets will also provide check-ups for pets.
The fair is open to anyone in Hackney living in hostels or supported accommodation, sleeping rough, people who spend a significant amount of time on the street or in other public places and "hidden homeless" such as people in squats or "sofa surfers".
- 1 Half a million Mare Street flat to be auctioned for investment
- 2 Planned travel disruptions in east and central north London this week
- 3 Shoreditch Park Academy officially opens its doors
- 4 EXCLUSIVE: Planet Organic responds to backlash about incoming Broadway Market store
- 5 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 6 Not just for Christmas: Rescue dogs looking for forever homes
- 7 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 8 Fallen sergeant Matt Ratana honoured at Guards Chapel memorial service
- 9 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 10 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?