Fancy tying the knot in Dalston on the same day as the Royals?
Dalston Darlings WI group plan mass-wedding on a Dalston rooftop
Love-struck couples are being offered the chance to get wed on a Dalston rooftop, on the same day as Wills and Kate - in a not-quite legally binding ceremony.
The Dalston Darlings – the area’s first official Women’s Institute – are behind the mass wedding, where for a fee, ‘Reverend Robin’ will perform the nuptuals.
There will be access to fancy dress boxes, a shot of alcohol to calm those pre-Wedding jitters, and then a glass of bubbly once the deed has been done, and it will be made semi-official, with a marriage certificate to take away.
The event takes place in Dalston Roof Park, a roof terrace in Ashwin Street renovated by charity and social enterprise Bootstrap, which will throw open its doors to the public for the first time on the day.
You may also want to watch:
A ‘daytime Royal Caf�’ is also planned as well as a live TV link to the BBC wedding coverage. Tickets cost �2.50 from 10am to 2pm, for more info email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images