Fancy tying the knot in Dalston on the same day as the Royals?
Dalston Darlings WI group plan mass-wedding on a Dalston rooftop
Love-struck couples are being offered the chance to get wed on a Dalston rooftop, on the same day as Wills and Kate - in a not-quite legally binding ceremony.
The Dalston Darlings – the area’s first official Women’s Institute – are behind the mass wedding, where for a fee, ‘Reverend Robin’ will perform the nuptuals.
There will be access to fancy dress boxes, a shot of alcohol to calm those pre-Wedding jitters, and then a glass of bubbly once the deed has been done, and it will be made semi-official, with a marriage certificate to take away.
The event takes place in Dalston Roof Park, a roof terrace in Ashwin Street renovated by charity and social enterprise Bootstrap, which will throw open its doors to the public for the first time on the day.
You may also want to watch:
A ‘daytime Royal Caf�’ is also planned as well as a live TV link to the BBC wedding coverage. Tickets cost �2.50 from 10am to 2pm, for more info email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 6 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 7 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 8 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 9 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 10 Three men charged following Hackney shooting