Federico Fazio and Clinton Njie exit Tottenham Hotspur
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Spurs sell duo to A.S. Roma and Marseille respectively after disappointing spells in north London
It is not only Kyle Walker who has left Tottenham Hotspur in the last week, as the club bid farewell to two players far less successful at White Hart Lane compared to the England full-back.
Central defender Federico Fazio completed a move to A.S. Roma on Saturday after a successful spell with the Italian club.
Fazio made 48 appearances for the Rome outfit during the 2016/17 campaign and has now joined them permanently for an undisclosed fee.
The Argentine centre back signed a four-year deal with Spurs in 2014 following a successful time at Sevilla.
You may also want to watch:
But he never really settled in England and was sent off during his Premier League debut at Manchester City in October of that year.
A month later he received another red card in the Europa League against Asteras Tripoli, but to his credit Fazio did go on to make another 23 appearances for Spurs in the remainder of the season.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 3 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 4 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 5 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 6 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 7 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 8 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
The following campaign was more difficult and the Argentina international made just one start before joining Sevilla on loan for the rest of the season in January 2016.
And after a year on loan with Roma, Fazio will now call the Stadio Olimpico his home and exits Tottenham after making 32 appearances in all competitions for the club.
Clinton Njie has also called time on his spell with Spurs despite only switching to N17 in 2015 from Lyon.
The French attacker has completed a move to Marseille following a successful loan spell last season.
Njie scored four times for the Ligue 1 outfit after joining them in September and helped them finish fifth.
And the Cameron international has now joined Marseille permanently, bringing his two-year stay in White Hart Lane to an end after making only 14 appearances for Tottenham.