Ferncliff Road shooting: Murder investigation launched after man, 26, dies of gunshot wounds in Dalston street
- Credit: Emma Bartholomew
A murder investigation has been launched after a man was shot dead in a Dalston street last night.
Specialist firearms officers were scrambled after people in Ferncliff Road reported hearing gunfire just after 11.10pm.
A 26-year-old man was discovered in the street with gunshot wounds. Despite the best efforts of paramedics he was pronounced dead at the scene.
The victim’s next-of-kin have been informed, and formal identification and a post mortem will take place in due course.
No one has been arrested.
Det Ch Insp Larry Smith from the Met’s murder squad, who is leading the investigation, said: “We are appealing for information so we can establish the circumstances that led to a young man losing his life.
“Anyone with information who hasn’t yet spoken with us should come forward without delay.
- 1 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days
- 2 CCTV: Dog walker helped raped woman, 19, call the police in Hackney
- 3 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 4 Mother of son lost to knife crime honoured by the Queen
- 5 De Beauvoir to house UK's first East and South-East Asian resource centre
- 6 UK's 'home of baking' to open third venue in Haggerston
- 7 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 8 Half a million Mare Street flat to be auctioned for investment
- 9 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 10 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers
“Your call will be treated in the strictest confidence.”
Anyone with any information is urged to contact the incident room on 020 8345 3985 or 101 quoting reference number 7601 of March 25.
You can also call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or give information online at crimestoppers-uk.org.