Ferncliff Road shooting: Murder investigation launched after man, 26, dies of gunshot wounds in Dalston street
- Credit: Emma Bartholomew
A murder investigation has been launched after a man was shot dead in a Dalston street last night.
Specialist firearms officers were scrambled after people in Ferncliff Road reported hearing gunfire just after 11.10pm.
A 26-year-old man was discovered in the street with gunshot wounds. Despite the best efforts of paramedics he was pronounced dead at the scene.
The victim’s next-of-kin have been informed, and formal identification and a post mortem will take place in due course.
No one has been arrested.
You may also want to watch:
Det Ch Insp Larry Smith from the Met’s murder squad, who is leading the investigation, said: “We are appealing for information so we can establish the circumstances that led to a young man losing his life.
“Anyone with information who hasn’t yet spoken with us should come forward without delay.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 4 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 5 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 6 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 7 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 8 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 9 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors
- 10 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
“Your call will be treated in the strictest confidence.”
Anyone with any information is urged to contact the incident room on 020 8345 3985 or 101 quoting reference number 7601 of March 25.
You can also call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or give information online at crimestoppers-uk.org.