Ferncliff Road shooting: Murder investigation launched after man, 26, dies of gunshot wounds in Dalston street
- Credit: Emma Bartholomew
A murder investigation has been launched after a man was shot dead in a Dalston street last night.
Specialist firearms officers were scrambled after people in Ferncliff Road reported hearing gunfire just after 11.10pm.
A 26-year-old man was discovered in the street with gunshot wounds. Despite the best efforts of paramedics he was pronounced dead at the scene.
The victim’s next-of-kin have been informed, and formal identification and a post mortem will take place in due course.
No one has been arrested.
You may also want to watch:
Det Ch Insp Larry Smith from the Met’s murder squad, who is leading the investigation, said: “We are appealing for information so we can establish the circumstances that led to a young man losing his life.
“Anyone with information who hasn’t yet spoken with us should come forward without delay.
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 3 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 7 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 8 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
“Your call will be treated in the strictest confidence.”
Anyone with any information is urged to contact the incident room on 020 8345 3985 or 101 quoting reference number 7601 of March 25.
You can also call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or give information online at crimestoppers-uk.org.