Finsbury Park crash: Two men trapped after car collision in Seven Sisters Road
- Credit: Archant
Two men were last night trapped in a car after a collison in Seven Sisters Road, Finsbury Park, last night.
The driver and passenger had to be freed using specialist cutting equipment after the crash with another car near Alexandra Grove.
Three fire crews, including from Upper Street and Hornsey Road fire stations, were called at about 10.20pm – just after the Arsenal v Chelsea game finished at nearby Emirates Stadium.
The men were placed on spinal boards and safely removed from the car, before being taken to hospital. The driver of the other car was not trapped and had minor injuries.
Crew manager Mike Cotton said: “Excellent work by Islington, Stoke Newington and Holloway crews at what was a challenging road traffic collision. The way the firefighters planned, took care of the casualties and extricated them safely was all top draw.”
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters left the scene at 11.45pm.
- 1 'The pressure is intense': Hoxton vegan chef competes in Great British Menu
- 2 London Fields: Woman's cheekbone fractured in broad daylight attack
- 3 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street forces Moorfields Eye Hospital to close
- 4 What can open in Hackney when lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 5 All you need to know about the Hackney by-elections on May 6
- 6 Hackney New School to complain to Ofcom over damning ITV report
- 7 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 8 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 9 Doctors 'concerned' patients' health will suffer due to non-Covid backlog
- 10 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in