Finsbury Park crash: Two men trapped after car collision in Seven Sisters Road
- Credit: Archant
Two men were last night trapped in a car after a collison in Seven Sisters Road, Finsbury Park, last night.
The driver and passenger had to be freed using specialist cutting equipment after the crash with another car near Alexandra Grove.
Three fire crews, including from Upper Street and Hornsey Road fire stations, were called at about 10.20pm – just after the Arsenal v Chelsea game finished at nearby Emirates Stadium.
The men were placed on spinal boards and safely removed from the car, before being taken to hospital. The driver of the other car was not trapped and had minor injuries.
Crew manager Mike Cotton said: “Excellent work by Islington, Stoke Newington and Holloway crews at what was a challenging road traffic collision. The way the firefighters planned, took care of the casualties and extricated them safely was all top draw.”
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters left the scene at 11.45pm.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown