Finsbury Park crash: Two men trapped after car collision in Seven Sisters Road
- Credit: Archant
Two men were last night trapped in a car after a collison in Seven Sisters Road, Finsbury Park, last night.
The driver and passenger had to be freed using specialist cutting equipment after the crash with another car near Alexandra Grove.
Three fire crews, including from Upper Street and Hornsey Road fire stations, were called at about 10.20pm – just after the Arsenal v Chelsea game finished at nearby Emirates Stadium.
The men were placed on spinal boards and safely removed from the car, before being taken to hospital. The driver of the other car was not trapped and had minor injuries.
Crew manager Mike Cotton said: “Excellent work by Islington, Stoke Newington and Holloway crews at what was a challenging road traffic collision. The way the firefighters planned, took care of the casualties and extricated them safely was all top draw.”
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters left the scene at 11.45pm.
- 1 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 2 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 3 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 4 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 5 Cinema set to open in Finsbury Park in time for No Time to Die
- 6 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 7 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 8 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 9 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 10 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's