Finsbury Park crash: Two men trapped after car collision in Seven Sisters Road
- Credit: Archant
Two men were last night trapped in a car after a collison in Seven Sisters Road, Finsbury Park, last night.
The driver and passenger had to be freed using specialist cutting equipment after the crash with another car near Alexandra Grove.
Three fire crews, including from Upper Street and Hornsey Road fire stations, were called at about 10.20pm – just after the Arsenal v Chelsea game finished at nearby Emirates Stadium.
The men were placed on spinal boards and safely removed from the car, before being taken to hospital. The driver of the other car was not trapped and had minor injuries.
Crew manager Mike Cotton said: “Excellent work by Islington, Stoke Newington and Holloway crews at what was a challenging road traffic collision. The way the firefighters planned, took care of the casualties and extricated them safely was all top draw.”
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters left the scene at 11.45pm.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 4 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 5 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 10 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers