Finsbury Park priest heads for the heavens in charity skydive
Father Clive Lee will be raising money for St Vincent de Paul Society with leap of faith
A FINSBURY Park parish priest will be braving dizzy new heights when he takes to the sky in the name of charity next week.
Father Clive Lee, of St Thomas More church in Henry Road, will be jumping out of an aeroplane on Wednesday to raise money for the St Vincent de Paul Society, an international Christian organisation tackling poverty and disadvantage.
He said he was excited, but had been too busy to mentally and physically prepare himself.
“I have just blocked it out so far, but I’m sure it will be fine on the day,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“I think it will be great fun, but I do wonder how cold it will be. I’m not too worried about the height. I’m always fixing the church roof.”
He has chosen the St Vincent de Paul Society because of its work in helping those in need both in Britain and overseas, regardless of their religion.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
To find out more, or to sponsor Father Clive, go to www.justgiving.com/FrClive.