Finsbury Park priest heads for the heavens in charity skydive
Father Clive Lee will be raising money for St Vincent de Paul Society with leap of faith
A FINSBURY Park parish priest will be braving dizzy new heights when he takes to the sky in the name of charity next week.
Father Clive Lee, of St Thomas More church in Henry Road, will be jumping out of an aeroplane on Wednesday to raise money for the St Vincent de Paul Society, an international Christian organisation tackling poverty and disadvantage.
He said he was excited, but had been too busy to mentally and physically prepare himself.
“I have just blocked it out so far, but I’m sure it will be fine on the day,” he said.
“I think it will be great fun, but I do wonder how cold it will be. I’m not too worried about the height. I’m always fixing the church roof.”
He has chosen the St Vincent de Paul Society because of its work in helping those in need both in Britain and overseas, regardless of their religion.
- 1 All Points East 2022: Gorillaz, Idles line-up and stage times
- 2 'Rest in peace child': Tributes paid to teenager stabbed to death
- 3 Dalston Lane closure after rider taken to hospital
- 4 Left in limbo – traders face silence as lease deadline looms
- 5 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 6 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
- 7 Call for Hackney Council to refund £200,000 in 'unlawful' fines
- 8 A Level results 2022 live: Hackney schools as they come in
- 9 Two shootings in Hackney as Walthamstow murder probe launched
- 10 Plumber found guilty of road rage murder of Deliveroo driver
To find out more, or to sponsor Father Clive, go to www.justgiving.com/FrClive.