Finsbury Park priest heads for the heavens in charity skydive
Father Clive Lee will be raising money for St Vincent de Paul Society with leap of faith
A FINSBURY Park parish priest will be braving dizzy new heights when he takes to the sky in the name of charity next week.
Father Clive Lee, of St Thomas More church in Henry Road, will be jumping out of an aeroplane on Wednesday to raise money for the St Vincent de Paul Society, an international Christian organisation tackling poverty and disadvantage.
He said he was excited, but had been too busy to mentally and physically prepare himself.
“I have just blocked it out so far, but I’m sure it will be fine on the day,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“I think it will be great fun, but I do wonder how cold it will be. I’m not too worried about the height. I’m always fixing the church roof.”
He has chosen the St Vincent de Paul Society because of its work in helping those in need both in Britain and overseas, regardless of their religion.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 6 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 9 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 10 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
To find out more, or to sponsor Father Clive, go to www.justgiving.com/FrClive.