Cigarette cinders set derelict Manor House hotel ablaze
- Credit: Archant
Cinders from a discarded cigarette butt set fire to a derelict hotel in Manor House on Sunday night.
The London Fire Brigade [LFB] were called at about 1am and the flames was under control two hours later.
It took 40 firefighters to tackle the blaze, which raged on the upper floors of the empty building in Seven Sisters Road.
A London Fire Brigade spokesperson said: “The blaze damaged half of the second floor and the roof.
“A small part of the first floor was also damaged by fire.
You may also want to watch:
“The [LFB’s] fire investigation team believe the fire was accidental and due to the unsafe disposal of smoking materials.
“Fire crews from Holloway, Stoke Newington, Tottenham, Kentish Town fire stations attended the scene.”
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 3 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 4 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 5 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 6 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 7 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding