Fire crew stop vehicle fire spreading to neighbouring cars on De Beauvoir estate
- Credit: sub
Brave firefighters tackled a burning car yesterday and prevented the blaze from spreading to neighbouring vehicles.
Around 10 crew and two engines from Kingsland fire station attended the incident at De Beauvoir Estate on Barns Road around 4.40pm yesterday.
Watch Manager Mick Gibbs said: “We attended a vehicle fire in a yard on De Beauviur Estate which damaged four vehicles altogether.
“Fortunately, we got there quickly and managed to contain the fire to one vehicle and stopped it spreading.
“One car was badly damaged while the other three were only slightly damaged.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Gibbs said the fire was under investigation but could possibly have been caused by over-heating.
Kingsland Fire station is under threat of closure. If the fire station is closed, De Beauvoir residents would have to wait an extra three minutes for a fire crew to reach them.
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 7 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 8 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 9 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 10 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia