Fire crew stop vehicle fire spreading to neighbouring cars on De Beauvoir estate
- Credit: sub
Brave firefighters tackled a burning car yesterday and prevented the blaze from spreading to neighbouring vehicles.
Around 10 crew and two engines from Kingsland fire station attended the incident at De Beauvoir Estate on Barns Road around 4.40pm yesterday.
Watch Manager Mick Gibbs said: “We attended a vehicle fire in a yard on De Beauviur Estate which damaged four vehicles altogether.
“Fortunately, we got there quickly and managed to contain the fire to one vehicle and stopped it spreading.
“One car was badly damaged while the other three were only slightly damaged.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Gibbs said the fire was under investigation but could possibly have been caused by over-heating.
Kingsland Fire station is under threat of closure. If the fire station is closed, De Beauvoir residents would have to wait an extra three minutes for a fire crew to reach them.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 6 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 7 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 8 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12