Fire crew stop vehicle fire spreading to neighbouring cars on De Beauvoir estate
- Credit: sub
Brave firefighters tackled a burning car yesterday and prevented the blaze from spreading to neighbouring vehicles.
Around 10 crew and two engines from Kingsland fire station attended the incident at De Beauvoir Estate on Barns Road around 4.40pm yesterday.
Watch Manager Mick Gibbs said: “We attended a vehicle fire in a yard on De Beauviur Estate which damaged four vehicles altogether.
“Fortunately, we got there quickly and managed to contain the fire to one vehicle and stopped it spreading.
“One car was badly damaged while the other three were only slightly damaged.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Gibbs said the fire was under investigation but could possibly have been caused by over-heating.
Kingsland Fire station is under threat of closure. If the fire station is closed, De Beauvoir residents would have to wait an extra three minutes for a fire crew to reach them.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 8 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web