Fire crew stop vehicle fire spreading to neighbouring cars on De Beauvoir estate
- Credit: sub
Brave firefighters tackled a burning car yesterday and prevented the blaze from spreading to neighbouring vehicles.
Around 10 crew and two engines from Kingsland fire station attended the incident at De Beauvoir Estate on Barns Road around 4.40pm yesterday.
Watch Manager Mick Gibbs said: “We attended a vehicle fire in a yard on De Beauviur Estate which damaged four vehicles altogether.
“Fortunately, we got there quickly and managed to contain the fire to one vehicle and stopped it spreading.
“One car was badly damaged while the other three were only slightly damaged.”
Mr Gibbs said the fire was under investigation but could possibly have been caused by over-heating.
Kingsland Fire station is under threat of closure. If the fire station is closed, De Beauvoir residents would have to wait an extra three minutes for a fire crew to reach them.
- 1 Jailed: 'Evil' Dalston rapist who tried to flee country by Eurostar
- 2 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 3 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days
- 4 Half a million Mare Street flat to be auctioned for investment
- 5 MP Meg Hillier urges people to book boosters amid Omicron spread
- 6 Free Movember 'shave down' at Hackney salon
- 7 A fan of brussels sprouts? Then you'll love this Hoxton restaurant
- 8 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 9 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 10 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life