First look inside the new Hackney Picturehouse - get free cinema tickets with today’s Gazette
The Gazette took a sneak peek inside the new Hackney Picturehouse – and we are offering our readers exclusive free tickets to the cinema’s first ever screenings this weekend.
Film lovers will be queuing up to buy tickets for the new venue, which throws open its doors on Friday (October 28) in the former Ocean Music Hall in Mare Street.
But the first 100 Hackney Gazette readers who present a copy of Thursday’s newspaper at the cinema will win two tickets to a film of their choice.
The offer can be redeemed at the box office in person from noon until 6pm on Friday. Screenings from Friday until Sunday (October 30) are included.
The controversial music venue has been transformed into a four-screen cinema, complete with a refurbished foyer and new bar, the Hackney Attic.
You may also want to watch:
Staff have been training on site for the past week and founding members – who have bought a special membership – attended an open day on Sunday and exclusive screenings on Tuesday.
General manager Darren Jones said: “Those people who knew the Ocean were very pleasantly surprised with the new look.
- 1 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 9 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 10 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
“Obviously it’s a labyrinth of a building and now we just can’t wait to open the doors to the public.”
Among the first films to be screened will be The Help, an adaptation Kathryn Stockett’s bestselling book, We Need to Talk About Kevin starring Tilda Swinton and Steven Spielberg’s The Adventures of Tintin.
For full terms and conditions see tomorrow’s Hackney Gazette.