Five injured in Homerton shooting
Five men were injured during a shooting in Homerton High Street early yesterday morning (Sunday).
Police and ambulances rushed to the scene following reports of gunfire at 5.40am, but no one was there.
A police spokesman told the Gazette: “Some time later, four males presented themselves to an east London hospital, and another male presented himself to a different hospital.
“All five have been treated for gunshot wounds. Their injuries are described as ‘minor’.”
No one has been arrested in connection with the incident so far, he added.
You may also want to watch:
Homerton High Street was closed both ways between Ponsford Street and Digby Road for several hours while officers from Trident investigated.
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 3 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 4 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 5 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 6 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 7 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs