Five injured in Homerton shooting
Five men were injured during a shooting in Homerton High Street early yesterday morning (Sunday).
Police and ambulances rushed to the scene following reports of gunfire at 5.40am, but no one was there.
A police spokesman told the Gazette: “Some time later, four males presented themselves to an east London hospital, and another male presented himself to a different hospital.
“All five have been treated for gunshot wounds. Their injuries are described as ‘minor’.”
No one has been arrested in connection with the incident so far, he added.
You may also want to watch:
Homerton High Street was closed both ways between Ponsford Street and Digby Road for several hours while officers from Trident investigated.
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 8 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 9 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12