Five Points Brewery to host charity game night in support of Haggerston brain injury charity Headway East London
- Credit: The Pembury Tavern
Hackney’s largest brewery is hosting a night of beer, board games and beats to support a Haggerston brain injury charity next week.
Five Points Brewery and its chosen charity of 2018 Headway East London are inviting people to Get Your Head in the Game at the brewery’s pub The Pembury Tavern on Wednesday.
From Connect 4 to dominoes, guests will be able to pit their wits against each other and learn more about the charity’s work, while 50p from each pint bought will go to the charity.
And for serious games there will be a Challenge Headway contest with the chance to win free beer.
Artwork created by brain injury survivors at Headway will be on sale and also given away as raffle prizes.
You may also want to watch:
The charity offers specialist support and services for survivors and their families. Last year they helped 875 people by providing therapy, advocacy, creative projects and peer support programmes.
It empowers survivors to rediscover skills and interests and share their stories.
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 5 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
The charity will also be spinning vinyl and have encouraged guests to bring theirs too.
Co-founder of Five Points Ed Mason said: “We are incredibly grateful for the support of our local community and would love for everyone to come along to the event; enjoy some great beer, traditional board games, and join us in supporting this brilliant charity.”
The event takes plaec from 6pm to 10pm at the Amhurst Road pub.