Five Points Brewery to host charity game night in support of Haggerston brain injury charity Headway East London
- Credit: The Pembury Tavern
Hackney’s largest brewery is hosting a night of beer, board games and beats to support a Haggerston brain injury charity next week.
Five Points Brewery and its chosen charity of 2018 Headway East London are inviting people to Get Your Head in the Game at the brewery’s pub The Pembury Tavern on Wednesday.
From Connect 4 to dominoes, guests will be able to pit their wits against each other and learn more about the charity’s work, while 50p from each pint bought will go to the charity.
And for serious games there will be a Challenge Headway contest with the chance to win free beer.
Artwork created by brain injury survivors at Headway will be on sale and also given away as raffle prizes.
You may also want to watch:
The charity offers specialist support and services for survivors and their families. Last year they helped 875 people by providing therapy, advocacy, creative projects and peer support programmes.
It empowers survivors to rediscover skills and interests and share their stories.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 8 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
The charity will also be spinning vinyl and have encouraged guests to bring theirs too.
Co-founder of Five Points Ed Mason said: “We are incredibly grateful for the support of our local community and would love for everyone to come along to the event; enjoy some great beer, traditional board games, and join us in supporting this brilliant charity.”
The event takes plaec from 6pm to 10pm at the Amhurst Road pub.