Five Points Brewery to host charity game night in support of Haggerston brain injury charity Headway East London
- Credit: The Pembury Tavern
Hackney’s largest brewery is hosting a night of beer, board games and beats to support a Haggerston brain injury charity next week.
Five Points Brewery and its chosen charity of 2018 Headway East London are inviting people to Get Your Head in the Game at the brewery’s pub The Pembury Tavern on Wednesday.
From Connect 4 to dominoes, guests will be able to pit their wits against each other and learn more about the charity’s work, while 50p from each pint bought will go to the charity.
And for serious games there will be a Challenge Headway contest with the chance to win free beer.
Artwork created by brain injury survivors at Headway will be on sale and also given away as raffle prizes.
You may also want to watch:
The charity offers specialist support and services for survivors and their families. Last year they helped 875 people by providing therapy, advocacy, creative projects and peer support programmes.
It empowers survivors to rediscover skills and interests and share their stories.
- 1 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 2 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 6 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 7 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts
- 8 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 9 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 10 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
The charity will also be spinning vinyl and have encouraged guests to bring theirs too.
Co-founder of Five Points Ed Mason said: “We are incredibly grateful for the support of our local community and would love for everyone to come along to the event; enjoy some great beer, traditional board games, and join us in supporting this brilliant charity.”
The event takes plaec from 6pm to 10pm at the Amhurst Road pub.