Five Points Brewing Company launches new pale ale Jupa
- Credit: Archant
Hackney’s biggest brewery has launched a new beer for its core range - the first new arrival in two years.
Five Points Brewing Company’s new juicy pale ale – Jupa – is out now in pubs and shops across the country in a hard-to-miss pink and white can.
The Hackney Downs brewers said they wanted to put their own stamp on the traditional pale ale and carefully crafted Jupa, which has tropical and citrus fruit notes.
Co-founder Ed Mason said: “We played with all sorts of hop varieties and brewing techniques and ended up with a profile and flavour that’s truly unique.”
The pineapple and mango flavoured beer is 5.5% ABV and is described as “easy to drink, sessionable and packed with hops”.
You may also want to watch:
Five Points this year bought and refurbished The Pembury Tavern after a £750,000 crowdfunding campaign to expand the business. Five Points, named after the junction on which the pub sits, was the first UK brewery to be Living Wage accredited and is committed to using 100 per cent renewable energy.
- 1 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 2 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 3 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 6 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 7 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 8 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 9 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 10 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields