Five Points Brewing Company launches new pale ale Jupa
- Credit: Archant
Hackney’s biggest brewery has launched a new beer for its core range - the first new arrival in two years.
Five Points Brewing Company’s new juicy pale ale – Jupa – is out now in pubs and shops across the country in a hard-to-miss pink and white can.
The Hackney Downs brewers said they wanted to put their own stamp on the traditional pale ale and carefully crafted Jupa, which has tropical and citrus fruit notes.
Co-founder Ed Mason said: “We played with all sorts of hop varieties and brewing techniques and ended up with a profile and flavour that’s truly unique.”
The pineapple and mango flavoured beer is 5.5% ABV and is described as “easy to drink, sessionable and packed with hops”.
You may also want to watch:
Five Points this year bought and refurbished The Pembury Tavern after a £750,000 crowdfunding campaign to expand the business. Five Points, named after the junction on which the pub sits, was the first UK brewery to be Living Wage accredited and is committed to using 100 per cent renewable energy.
- 1 Huge new charity kitchen aims to produce 100,000 meals east London people this summer
- 2 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 3 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 4 Letter against the use of e-scooters on roads
- 5 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 6 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 7 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 8 Meet the Wonder Warriors – the charity helping women with endometriosis
- 9 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 10 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'