Five Points Brewing Company launches new pale ale Jupa
- Credit: Archant
Hackney’s biggest brewery has launched a new beer for its core range - the first new arrival in two years.
Five Points Brewing Company’s new juicy pale ale – Jupa – is out now in pubs and shops across the country in a hard-to-miss pink and white can.
The Hackney Downs brewers said they wanted to put their own stamp on the traditional pale ale and carefully crafted Jupa, which has tropical and citrus fruit notes.
Co-founder Ed Mason said: “We played with all sorts of hop varieties and brewing techniques and ended up with a profile and flavour that’s truly unique.”
The pineapple and mango flavoured beer is 5.5% ABV and is described as “easy to drink, sessionable and packed with hops”.
You may also want to watch:
Five Points this year bought and refurbished The Pembury Tavern after a £750,000 crowdfunding campaign to expand the business. Five Points, named after the junction on which the pub sits, was the first UK brewery to be Living Wage accredited and is committed to using 100 per cent renewable energy.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 3 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 4 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12