Five Points Brewing Company launches new pale ale Jupa
- Credit: Archant
Hackney’s biggest brewery has launched a new beer for its core range - the first new arrival in two years.
Five Points Brewing Company’s new juicy pale ale – Jupa – is out now in pubs and shops across the country in a hard-to-miss pink and white can.
The Hackney Downs brewers said they wanted to put their own stamp on the traditional pale ale and carefully crafted Jupa, which has tropical and citrus fruit notes.
Co-founder Ed Mason said: “We played with all sorts of hop varieties and brewing techniques and ended up with a profile and flavour that’s truly unique.”
The pineapple and mango flavoured beer is 5.5% ABV and is described as “easy to drink, sessionable and packed with hops”.
You may also want to watch:
Five Points this year bought and refurbished The Pembury Tavern after a £750,000 crowdfunding campaign to expand the business. Five Points, named after the junction on which the pub sits, was the first UK brewery to be Living Wage accredited and is committed to using 100 per cent renewable energy.
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 5 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 6 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Boiling Point: The film shot in one take inside a Hackney restaurant
- 9 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 10 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing