Five Points’ free beer giveaway in return for clothes donations to Hackney Winter Night Shelter
- Credit: Sam Huddleston
Craft brewery Five Points is inviting guests to trade their unwanted clothes for a beer on Tuesday night, in aid of Hackney Winter Night Shelter.
For seven nights a week across the five coldest months of the year, HWNS provides a hot meal and a warm bed for homeless guests who would otherwise be out on the street.
In return for a coat, jacket, jumper or rucksack, punters at the Pembury Tavern in Amhurst Road, Lower Clapton, will be given a free pint of beer.
For items like a pair of socks or a T-Shirt, they will receive half a pint.
To raise funds for the charity a charity raffle with tickets selling at £2 will have prizes like a tour of the brewery, a £100 bar tab free pizza - and more free beer.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a talk from a member of HWNS to find out more about the charity.
For those who can’t make it to the pub on the night, Five Points will continue to collect clothes until December 13 - although there won’t be free beer if you don’t bring it during the event.
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 3 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 4 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 5 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 6 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 7 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 10 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside