Five Points’ free beer giveaway in return for clothes donations to Hackney Winter Night Shelter
- Credit: Sam Huddleston
Craft brewery Five Points is inviting guests to trade their unwanted clothes for a beer on Tuesday night, in aid of Hackney Winter Night Shelter.
For seven nights a week across the five coldest months of the year, HWNS provides a hot meal and a warm bed for homeless guests who would otherwise be out on the street.
In return for a coat, jacket, jumper or rucksack, punters at the Pembury Tavern in Amhurst Road, Lower Clapton, will be given a free pint of beer.
For items like a pair of socks or a T-Shirt, they will receive half a pint.
To raise funds for the charity a charity raffle with tickets selling at £2 will have prizes like a tour of the brewery, a £100 bar tab free pizza - and more free beer.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a talk from a member of HWNS to find out more about the charity.
For those who can’t make it to the pub on the night, Five Points will continue to collect clothes until December 13 - although there won’t be free beer if you don’t bring it during the event.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search