Five Points’ free beer giveaway in return for clothes donations to Hackney Winter Night Shelter
- Credit: Sam Huddleston
Craft brewery Five Points is inviting guests to trade their unwanted clothes for a beer on Tuesday night, in aid of Hackney Winter Night Shelter.
For seven nights a week across the five coldest months of the year, HWNS provides a hot meal and a warm bed for homeless guests who would otherwise be out on the street.
In return for a coat, jacket, jumper or rucksack, punters at the Pembury Tavern in Amhurst Road, Lower Clapton, will be given a free pint of beer.
For items like a pair of socks or a T-Shirt, they will receive half a pint.
To raise funds for the charity a charity raffle with tickets selling at £2 will have prizes like a tour of the brewery, a £100 bar tab free pizza - and more free beer.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a talk from a member of HWNS to find out more about the charity.
For those who can’t make it to the pub on the night, Five Points will continue to collect clothes until December 13 - although there won’t be free beer if you don’t bring it during the event.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 3 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 4 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 5 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors
- 9 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 10 Police searching for rightful owners of 45 stolen bikes