Flat badly damaged in Hoxton fire
- Credit: sub
A Hoxton flat was left badly damaged after a suspected electrical fire on Saturday.
The London Fire Brigade (LFB) was called out to attend the flat fire in Cropley Street at 11.26am.
Four fire engines and 21 firefighters from Kingsland, Dowgate, Whitechapel and Euston fire stations spent nearly an hour and a half battling the blaze.
The fire left the fourth floor flat of an eight storey block badly damaged.
Nobody was injured in the fire and a man escaped the property before the LFB arrived.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 5 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 6 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 7 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 8 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 9 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 10 Three men charged following Hackney shooting