Flat badly damaged in Hoxton fire
- Credit: sub
A Hoxton flat was left badly damaged after a suspected electrical fire on Saturday.
The London Fire Brigade (LFB) was called out to attend the flat fire in Cropley Street at 11.26am.
Four fire engines and 21 firefighters from Kingsland, Dowgate, Whitechapel and Euston fire stations spent nearly an hour and a half battling the blaze.
The fire left the fourth floor flat of an eight storey block badly damaged.
Nobody was injured in the fire and a man escaped the property before the LFB arrived.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 7 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 8 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 9 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 10 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service