Flat badly damaged in Hoxton fire
- Credit: sub
A Hoxton flat was left badly damaged after a suspected electrical fire on Saturday.
The London Fire Brigade (LFB) was called out to attend the flat fire in Cropley Street at 11.26am.
Four fire engines and 21 firefighters from Kingsland, Dowgate, Whitechapel and Euston fire stations spent nearly an hour and a half battling the blaze.
The fire left the fourth floor flat of an eight storey block badly damaged.
Nobody was injured in the fire and a man escaped the property before the LFB arrived.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 2 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 3 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 4 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 5 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 6 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 7 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 8 Gone in 60 seconds: Watch as 'keyless' thief steals Hackney car
- 9 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 10 Letter: Facilities needed to make LTNs work