Flats blaze in Hackney
Firefighters tackling a fire in a block of flats in Hackney this morning uncovered a cannabis factory.
Police and fire crews from four stations were alerted to the blaze in Darnley Road at around 8.20am as it spread through the four flat block.
One property was found to be on fire and on gaining entry officers found equipment for growing cannabis and a number of plants.
Around 20 firefighters tackled the fire in around and investigators found it had been caused by an electrical fault.
A 52-year-old man has been arrested and quizzed by police in connection with the class B drugs.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information about cannabis factories on Hackney Borough can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction