Flats blaze in Hackney
Firefighters tackling a fire in a block of flats in Hackney this morning uncovered a cannabis factory.
Police and fire crews from four stations were alerted to the blaze in Darnley Road at around 8.20am as it spread through the four flat block.
One property was found to be on fire and on gaining entry officers found equipment for growing cannabis and a number of plants.
Around 20 firefighters tackled the fire in around and investigators found it had been caused by an electrical fault.
A 52-year-old man has been arrested and quizzed by police in connection with the class B drugs.
Anyone with any information about cannabis factories on Hackney Borough can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Planned travel disruptions in east and central north London this week
- 2 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 3 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 4 EXCLUSIVE: Planet Organic responds to backlash about incoming Broadway Market store
- 5 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 6 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 7 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 8 Business owners concerned by twice-burgled Stamford Hill shop
- 9 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
- 10 Things to do in north London: Christmas markets, workshops and more this weekend