Focus on safety in Hackney
Meet the teams responsible for safety in Hackney this Saturday
The second Community Safety Open Day gives residents the opportunity to meet Hackney Police safer neighbourhood teams and Hackney Council’s noise nuisance, trading standards, domestic violence, environmental enforcement and community safety teams.
The event at Stoke Newington Town Hall is part of Hackney’s contribution to the London Week of Peace, which runs until September 25.
There will be family entertainment including face painting, music, a display by the Hackney Police Cadets, and a chance to meet police mascot “PSCSO Steve”.
Members of the Hackney Youth Parliament, the fire service, and children and youth service providers will also be on hand, together with representatives from the community and voluntary sector.
You may also want to watch:
The event takes place from 10am to 4pm at Stoke Newington Town Hall in Stoke Newington Church Street.
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images