Food & Drink Awards 2007
THE Celebrity Host for our Food and Drink Awards 2007 is to be Aldo Zilli – chef patron of the hugely popular Zilli restaurants and bar – and one of Soho s most flamboyant restaurateurs...
THE Celebrity Host for our Food and Drink Awards 2007 is to be Aldo Zilli - chef patron of the hugely popular Zilli restaurants and bar - and one of Soho's most flamboyant restaurateurs.
But it's still our readers who are most important! As part of a diverse and discerning community, the Archant London Newspaper Group recognises the wealth of restaurants, cafes, takeaways, pubs and bars across our region.
And we are delighted to provide an opportunity to allow our million-plus readers to vote for their particular favourites in the catering service industry.
Our desire to recognise excellent achievements and high standards will reflect the enthusiasm and expertise of the finalists.
You may also want to watch:
Our local newspapers are respected for both their professionalism and sensitivity to local needs - and this is a reputation we will guard passionately to the advantage of those we are privileged to serve.
Hackney Gazette will have its own awards, in which every category is being generously sponsored by Hackney Enterprise Network.
- 1 Huge new charity kitchen aims to produce 100,000 meals east London people this summer
- 2 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 3 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 4 Letter against the use of e-scooters on roads
- 5 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 6 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 7 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 8 Meet the Wonder Warriors – the charity helping women with endometriosis
- 9 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 10 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
The Hackney winner will go on to the gala dinner - to be held on July 1 at the Radisson in Portman Square - where the awards will be presented by the top chef.
In 1988, Aldo opened Signor Zilli, following this in 1993 with London's first authentic Italian bar, Signor Zilli Bar. He opened Zilli Fish in June, 1997, and it has been bursting at the seams ever since. In 1996, Aldo was awarded best Italian restaurant award in The London Restaurant Awards. In 1998, he won for best media restaurant for Zilli Fish. He has also won favourite showbiz restaurant for Signor Zilli in the Capital Radio Awards.
He has filmed three of his own television series, Perfect Pasta with Aldo Zilli, broadcast on the Carlton Food Network, and is currently hosting Dinner Dates on ITV1.
For inquiries, e-mail marketing executive, Turinder Toor, at email@example.com, or call 020 8477 3952.
Please look in this week's newspaper to vote for your favourite restaurants that have entered.
FOR THE FULL STORY SEE THIS WEEK'S GAZETTE AVAILABLE NOW.