Food & Drink Awards 2007
THE Celebrity Host for our Food and Drink Awards 2007 is to be Aldo Zilli – chef patron of the hugely popular Zilli restaurants and bar – and one of Soho s most flamboyant restaurateurs...
THE Celebrity Host for our Food and Drink Awards 2007 is to be Aldo Zilli - chef patron of the hugely popular Zilli restaurants and bar - and one of Soho's most flamboyant restaurateurs.
But it's still our readers who are most important! As part of a diverse and discerning community, the Archant London Newspaper Group recognises the wealth of restaurants, cafes, takeaways, pubs and bars across our region.
And we are delighted to provide an opportunity to allow our million-plus readers to vote for their particular favourites in the catering service industry.
Our desire to recognise excellent achievements and high standards will reflect the enthusiasm and expertise of the finalists.
You may also want to watch:
Our local newspapers are respected for both their professionalism and sensitivity to local needs - and this is a reputation we will guard passionately to the advantage of those we are privileged to serve.
Hackney Gazette will have its own awards, in which every category is being generously sponsored by Hackney Enterprise Network.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
The Hackney winner will go on to the gala dinner - to be held on July 1 at the Radisson in Portman Square - where the awards will be presented by the top chef.
In 1988, Aldo opened Signor Zilli, following this in 1993 with London's first authentic Italian bar, Signor Zilli Bar. He opened Zilli Fish in June, 1997, and it has been bursting at the seams ever since. In 1996, Aldo was awarded best Italian restaurant award in The London Restaurant Awards. In 1998, he won for best media restaurant for Zilli Fish. He has also won favourite showbiz restaurant for Signor Zilli in the Capital Radio Awards.
He has filmed three of his own television series, Perfect Pasta with Aldo Zilli, broadcast on the Carlton Food Network, and is currently hosting Dinner Dates on ITV1.
For inquiries, e-mail marketing executive, Turinder Toor, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 020 8477 3952.
Please look in this week's newspaper to vote for your favourite restaurants that have entered.
FOR THE FULL STORY SEE THIS WEEK'S GAZETTE AVAILABLE NOW.