Four men hurt in Stamford Hill blaze
- Credit: Archant
Fire fighters are currently battling a blaze in Stamford Hill which has left four men with serious burns.
Then men were treated by London Ambulance Service crews at the scene, and taken as a priority to hospital, a spokesman said, after the fire broke out in a second floor flat in Wicklow House on the Stamford Hill Estate.
The London Fire Brigade was called just after 2.30pm, and 21 fire fighters are still at the scene, while the Met has closed off roads around the estate.
An eye witness said: “It isn’t so much of a fire now, it is more smoke but someone apparently jumped out with burns before I arrived, somebody said his clothes were in flames.”
Tweeter @999London said: “#StamfordHill fire in Stamford Hill estates 1 person with serious burns.”
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews from Hornsey, Leyton, Tottenham and Walthamstow fire stations are at the scene.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 8 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12