Four men hurt in Stamford Hill blaze
- Credit: Archant
Fire fighters are currently battling a blaze in Stamford Hill which has left four men with serious burns.
Then men were treated by London Ambulance Service crews at the scene, and taken as a priority to hospital, a spokesman said, after the fire broke out in a second floor flat in Wicklow House on the Stamford Hill Estate.
The London Fire Brigade was called just after 2.30pm, and 21 fire fighters are still at the scene, while the Met has closed off roads around the estate.
An eye witness said: “It isn’t so much of a fire now, it is more smoke but someone apparently jumped out with burns before I arrived, somebody said his clothes were in flames.”
Tweeter @999London said: “#StamfordHill fire in Stamford Hill estates 1 person with serious burns.”
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews from Hornsey, Leyton, Tottenham and Walthamstow fire stations are at the scene.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 2 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 3 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 4 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 5 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 6 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 7 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 8 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 9 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 10 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month