Four men hurt in Stamford Hill blaze
- Credit: Archant
Fire fighters are currently battling a blaze in Stamford Hill which has left four men with serious burns.
Then men were treated by London Ambulance Service crews at the scene, and taken as a priority to hospital, a spokesman said, after the fire broke out in a second floor flat in Wicklow House on the Stamford Hill Estate.
The London Fire Brigade was called just after 2.30pm, and 21 fire fighters are still at the scene, while the Met has closed off roads around the estate.
An eye witness said: “It isn’t so much of a fire now, it is more smoke but someone apparently jumped out with burns before I arrived, somebody said his clothes were in flames.”
Tweeter @999London said: “#StamfordHill fire in Stamford Hill estates 1 person with serious burns.”
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews from Hornsey, Leyton, Tottenham and Walthamstow fire stations are at the scene.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 3 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 4 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 5 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 6 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 7 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs