Four men hurt in Stamford Hill blaze
- Credit: Archant
Fire fighters are currently battling a blaze in Stamford Hill which has left four men with serious burns.
Then men were treated by London Ambulance Service crews at the scene, and taken as a priority to hospital, a spokesman said, after the fire broke out in a second floor flat in Wicklow House on the Stamford Hill Estate.
The London Fire Brigade was called just after 2.30pm, and 21 fire fighters are still at the scene, while the Met has closed off roads around the estate.
An eye witness said: “It isn’t so much of a fire now, it is more smoke but someone apparently jumped out with burns before I arrived, somebody said his clothes were in flames.”
Tweeter @999London said: “#StamfordHill fire in Stamford Hill estates 1 person with serious burns.”
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews from Hornsey, Leyton, Tottenham and Walthamstow fire stations are at the scene.
- 1 'The pressure is intense': Hoxton vegan chef competes in Great British Menu
- 2 London Fields: Woman's cheekbone fractured in broad daylight attack
- 3 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street forces Moorfields Eye Hospital to close
- 4 What can open in Hackney when lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 5 All you need to know about the Hackney by-elections on May 6
- 6 Hackney New School to complain to Ofcom over damning ITV report
- 7 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 8 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 9 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 10 Doctors 'concerned' patients' health will suffer due to non-Covid backlog