Fourth man charged with Marcel Addai’s murder
- Credit: Archant
The third man accused of murdering a teenager who was set upon by a knife-wielding mob appeared at the Old Bailey today.
Sodiq Adebayo, 22, was allegedly part of the gang of young men who chased 17-year-old Marcel Addai through the St John’s Estate in Pitfield Street, Hoxton, before stabbing him to death.
Marcel was stabbed fifteen times in the chest and back during the brutal attack on Friday September 4.
Eyewitnesses saw a knife-wielding mob arrive at the estate in a convoy of three cars before they set upon Marcel.
Prosecutor Benjamin Temple said his heart and lung were pierced during the “very serious attack” and he died at the scene just before midnight.
Adebayo appeared via videolink from HMP Belmarsh for a preliminary hearing, speaking only to confirm his name.
Accountancy student Akeem Gbadamosi, 21, and Eugene Ocran, 19, appeared in court yesterday charged with the murder.
- 1 Dalston shop fire under investigation
- 2 Guilty: Man lured 2 young girls into garage and sexually abused them
- 3 Jailed: 9 north London offenders put behind bars in June
- 4 New entrance opens at Hackney Central Overground station
- 5 Patrick Anzy: Three men jailed following Gillett Square murder
- 6 Fundraiser for Cambridge Uni course to tell Hackney people's stories
- 7 Covid: North London hospital admissions rising amid national surge
- 8 Call to stop weedkiller use at estate
- 9 Boy, 15, charged with attempted murder of woman out riding bike
- 10 1888 Match Girls’ Strike marked with blue plaque in east London
All three have been remanded in custody until a plea and case management hearing on November 30.
Judge Nicholas Hilliard QC, Recorder of London, told Adebayo this morning: “You are remanded in custody until the next hearing in November.”
He added that a provisional trial date for all three defendants has been set for March 7 next year.
A fourth defendant, Momar Faye, 18, of no fixed address has also been charged with the murder.
He was due to appear at Hendon Magistrates Court this morning, with his case likely to be transferred to the Old Bailey later this week.
Adebayor, of De Vere Gardens, Ilford, Gbadamosi, of Detmold Road, Clapton, and Ocran, of Fermain Court West, De Beauvoir Road, Haggerston, are accused of murder.
No pleas have been entered.