Fourth man charged with Marcel Addai’s murder
- Credit: Archant
The third man accused of murdering a teenager who was set upon by a knife-wielding mob appeared at the Old Bailey today.
Sodiq Adebayo, 22, was allegedly part of the gang of young men who chased 17-year-old Marcel Addai through the St John’s Estate in Pitfield Street, Hoxton, before stabbing him to death.
Marcel was stabbed fifteen times in the chest and back during the brutal attack on Friday September 4.
Eyewitnesses saw a knife-wielding mob arrive at the estate in a convoy of three cars before they set upon Marcel.
Prosecutor Benjamin Temple said his heart and lung were pierced during the “very serious attack” and he died at the scene just before midnight.
You may also want to watch:
Adebayo appeared via videolink from HMP Belmarsh for a preliminary hearing, speaking only to confirm his name.
Accountancy student Akeem Gbadamosi, 21, and Eugene Ocran, 19, appeared in court yesterday charged with the murder.
- 1 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 2 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 3 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 4 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 5 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 6 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 7 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 8 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 9 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 10 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
All three have been remanded in custody until a plea and case management hearing on November 30.
Judge Nicholas Hilliard QC, Recorder of London, told Adebayo this morning: “You are remanded in custody until the next hearing in November.”
He added that a provisional trial date for all three defendants has been set for March 7 next year.
A fourth defendant, Momar Faye, 18, of no fixed address has also been charged with the murder.
He was due to appear at Hendon Magistrates Court this morning, with his case likely to be transferred to the Old Bailey later this week.
Adebayor, of De Vere Gardens, Ilford, Gbadamosi, of Detmold Road, Clapton, and Ocran, of Fermain Court West, De Beauvoir Road, Haggerston, are accused of murder.
No pleas have been entered.