Fourth teen arrested on suspicion of Somerford Grove murder of Tashaûn Aird, 15
- Credit: Archant
Another teenager has been arrested on suspicion of the murder of 15-year-old Tashaûn Aird in Stoke Newington.
The 15-year-old boy was taken into into custody at a south London police station this morning.
Three teenagers have already been charged with his murder.
A 15-year-old boy was charged on June 8 with murder, GBH with intent in relation to a second victim stabbed that night, and possession of an offensive weapon.
A 16-year-old boy was charged with the same offences on June 7, as well as possession of cannabis.
You may also want to watch:
Romaine Williams-Reid, 18, of Erith Crescent, Romford, was charged on May 6 with murder and grievous bodily harm.
They will all appear at the Old Bailey on July 25.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 9 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
Tashaûn was stabbed in the lung shortly before 9pm on May 1. Officers and medics fought to save his life, as passers-by had already done, but he was pronounced dead just before 10pm.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 020 8721 4266.