Fourth teen arrested on suspicion of Somerford Grove murder of Tashaûn Aird, 15
- Credit: Archant
Another teenager has been arrested on suspicion of the murder of 15-year-old Tashaûn Aird in Stoke Newington.
The 15-year-old boy was taken into into custody at a south London police station this morning.
Three teenagers have already been charged with his murder.
A 15-year-old boy was charged on June 8 with murder, GBH with intent in relation to a second victim stabbed that night, and possession of an offensive weapon.
A 16-year-old boy was charged with the same offences on June 7, as well as possession of cannabis.
You may also want to watch:
Romaine Williams-Reid, 18, of Erith Crescent, Romford, was charged on May 6 with murder and grievous bodily harm.
They will all appear at the Old Bailey on July 25.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
Tashaûn was stabbed in the lung shortly before 9pm on May 1. Officers and medics fought to save his life, as passers-by had already done, but he was pronounced dead just before 10pm.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 020 8721 4266.