Fourth teen arrested on suspicion of Somerford Grove murder of Tashaûn Aird, 15
- Credit: Archant
Another teenager has been arrested on suspicion of the murder of 15-year-old Tashaûn Aird in Stoke Newington.
The 15-year-old boy was taken into into custody at a south London police station this morning.
Three teenagers have already been charged with his murder.
A 15-year-old boy was charged on June 8 with murder, GBH with intent in relation to a second victim stabbed that night, and possession of an offensive weapon.
A 16-year-old boy was charged with the same offences on June 7, as well as possession of cannabis.
Romaine Williams-Reid, 18, of Erith Crescent, Romford, was charged on May 6 with murder and grievous bodily harm.
They will all appear at the Old Bailey on July 25.
- 1 Two shootings in Hackney as Walthamstow murder probe launched
- 2 Dalston Lane closure after rider taken to hospital
- 3 Plumber found guilty of road rage murder of Deliveroo driver
- 4 'Rest in peace child': Tributes paid to teenager stabbed to death
- 5 Call for Hackney Council to refund £200,000 in 'unlawful' fines
- 6 ‘Blimey’: Stoke Newington resident celebrates 109th birthday
- 7 Left in limbo – traders face silence as lease deadline looms
- 8 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
- 9 Community bus serving Islington and Hackney cancelled after surging fuel prices
- 10 All Points East 2022: Gorillaz, Idles line-up and stage times
Tashaûn was stabbed in the lung shortly before 9pm on May 1. Officers and medics fought to save his life, as passers-by had already done, but he was pronounced dead just before 10pm.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 020 8721 4266.