Frampton Park Estate next in line for Hackney regeneration
- Credit: Archant
An abandoned pub and block of run-down bedsits will be transformed into 45 new homes as part of Hackney Council’s regeneration programme.
The former Frampton Arms pub and Lyttleton House, both on the Frampton Park Estate, will be flattened to make way for the mix of social rent, shared ownership and private sale homes.
New play areas, waste and recycling improvements and cycle storage facilities will also be provided as part of the work, which is due to start next year.
Hackney Mayor Philip Glanville said: “I’m delighted we’re helping to deliver the new generation of genuinely affordable housing Hackney needs.
“We’re building more social housing than anywhere else in London, and our regeneration programme will bring thousands more properties to help our borough’s families find an affordable place a call home.
You may also want to watch:
The estate regeneration programme is one of the UK’s biggest and will see nearly 3,000 new homes on 18 estates – replacing old council homes that are beyond repair.
The self-funding programme will see at least half of the new homes built be for genuinely affordable social rent and for shared ownership – with the private sales funding the rest of the project.
- 1 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 2 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 6 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 7 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts
- 8 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 9 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 10 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney