Hackney murder: Man dies after Frampton Park Road stabbing
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation is under way after a man was stabbed to death in Frampton Park Road this afternoon – the first of two knife attacks in central Hackney within minutes of each other.
Police were called at 2.45pm to reports of a 29-year-old man suffering knife wounds in Frampton Park Road.
A Scotland Yard spokesperson said: “London Ambulance Service attended the scene and the man was taken to an east London hospital where he subsequently died.”
The victim’s next of kin have been informed.
Shortly after the first attack was called in, a second man, thought to be in his 20s, was found with stab injuries in nearby Wilton Way – but police are yet to confirm whether the two attacks are being treated as linked.
One male, whose age is not yet known, was arrested at the scene on suspicion of GBH. He remains in custody.
Police were this afternoon stationed in both spots.
- 1 Jailed: 'Evil' Dalston rapist who tried to flee country by Eurostar
- 2 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 3 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days
- 4 Half a million Mare Street flat to be auctioned for investment
- 5 MP Meg Hillier urges people to book boosters amid Omicron spread
- 6 Free Movember 'shave down' at Hackney salon
- 7 A fan of brussels sprouts? Then you'll love this Hoxton restaurant
- 8 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 9 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 10 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 and quote CAD 4373 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Do you know the man who died? Contact Lucas at the Gazette at 07785 616 244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.