Hackney murder: Man dies after Frampton Park Road stabbing
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation is under way after a man was stabbed to death in Frampton Park Road this afternoon – the first of two knife attacks in central Hackney within minutes of each other.
Police were called at 2.45pm to reports of a 29-year-old man suffering knife wounds in Frampton Park Road.
A Scotland Yard spokesperson said: “London Ambulance Service attended the scene and the man was taken to an east London hospital where he subsequently died.”
The victim’s next of kin have been informed.
Shortly after the first attack was called in, a second man, thought to be in his 20s, was found with stab injuries in nearby Wilton Way – but police are yet to confirm whether the two attacks are being treated as linked.
One male, whose age is not yet known, was arrested at the scene on suspicion of GBH. He remains in custody.
Police were this afternoon stationed in both spots.
- 1 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
- 2 Stoke Newington: Pret 'sorry' after staff tell indy café 'we'll steal your customers'
- 3 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
- 4 Arrests for violent disorder following Dalston moped operation
- 5 Jailed: Hackney man sentenced for fatal hit-and-run
- 6 Speeding driver who killed elderly man in hit and run found guilty
- 7 Hackney man wanted by Surrey Police
- 8 Teenage girls arrested after incident in Kingsland High Street
- 9 Section 60: Increased stop and search powers in place across Hackney
- 10 Men jailed after firing 13 shots at people in children's park
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 and quote CAD 4373 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Do you know the man who died? Contact Lucas at the Gazette at 07785 616 244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.