Frampton Park Road stabbing: Victim named as Joshua White as boy, 16, charged with murder
- Credit: police
A 16-year-old boy has been charged with murder after a man was stabbed to death in Frampton Park Road on Friday afternoon.
A post-mortem confirmed Joshua White, 29, from Homerton, died after being stabbed in the heart.
He was rushed to hospital following the attack in South Hackney just before 2.45pm, but died of his injuries there according to Scotland Yard.
A 16-year-old boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was arrested at the scene and will appear at Stratford Youth Court this morning charged with murder and possession of an offensive weapon.
The attack on Mr White was the first of two stabbings in Hackney within minutes of each other on Friday.
Another man in his 20s was stabbed in Wilton Way, Hackney Central, and remains in hospital in a stable condition police said.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8721 4961 or call 101 and quote CAD 4373/26Apr.
- 1 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
- 2 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Cops hunt 'crucial' witness 'Sandra' who helped teen rape victim
- 4 Wanted: Suspect sought after series of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes area
- 5 TfL worker launches petition to reinstate Finsbury Park to Edgware railway
- 6 Met defends Israeli police visit to Hackney
- 7 Pole thrown on railway tracks 'caused over 11 hours of delays'
- 8 The three strikes and protests hitting Hackney this week
- 9 Plea date set for teen charged with broad daylight stabbing
- 10 Hackney shooting: Appeal after 'weapons fight' in Lower Clapton
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Young people with information about violence or knife crime can visit www.fearless.org where they can pass on information anonymously.
Fearless is part of the Crimestoppers charity, and is also independent of the police.