Frampton Park Road stabbing: Victim named as Joshua White as boy, 16, charged with murder
- Credit: police
A 16-year-old boy has been charged with murder after a man was stabbed to death in Frampton Park Road on Friday afternoon.
A post-mortem confirmed Joshua White, 29, from Homerton, died after being stabbed in the heart.
He was rushed to hospital following the attack in South Hackney just before 2.45pm, but died of his injuries there according to Scotland Yard.
A 16-year-old boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was arrested at the scene and will appear at Stratford Youth Court this morning charged with murder and possession of an offensive weapon.
The attack on Mr White was the first of two stabbings in Hackney within minutes of each other on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
Another man in his 20s was stabbed in Wilton Way, Hackney Central, and remains in hospital in a stable condition police said.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8721 4961 or call 101 and quote CAD 4373/26Apr.
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 6 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Young people with information about violence or knife crime can visit www.fearless.org where they can pass on information anonymously.
Fearless is part of the Crimestoppers charity, and is also independent of the police.