Franchised Finsbury Park Post Office opens after long row over stationery shop merger
- Credit: Archant
Finsbury Park’s franchised Post Office has officially launched after the long row over its takeover.
The branch, in Seven Sisters Road, opposite the park itself, is now doubling as a stationery shop.
When the Post Office was consulting on its plans to merge the branch last year, activists from the Communication Workers Union (CWU) lobbied members of the public not to buy franchisee Rizwan Salahuddin’s goods.
They said the merger was part of the “managed decline” of crown post offices, with franchised branches supposedly offering inferior service and worse working conditions.
But in a press release this week, the Post Office gushed that business has increased with “great feedback from customers about the service they are receiving”.
You may also want to watch:
The Post Office said it is providing the same services as before, with five serving positions and staff working exclusively on Post Office services.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 3 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 4 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 5 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 6 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 7 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 8 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 9 'It’s scandalous': Hackney LTN's £4m in fines in 18 months
- 10 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust