Free coding clubs for adults
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Budding computer programmers will get the knowhow to create their own graphics, animations and apps thanks to free workshops next week.
Hackney Council has partnered with Ravensbourne College to offer a free creative coding workshops in Hackney’s Opportunity Hub.
The workshops will be led by university lecturers in computing and will introduce attendees to an apprenticeship training course run by Ravensbourne College called Codezoners, where adults spend two days a week in the classroom and three days in a work placement while being paid £10p/h.
No previous experience in computing programming is necessary for the workshops but attendees should bring their own laptop if possible.
There will be spare computers available and food and drink will also be provided.
You may also want to watch:
The workshops are on Wednesday September 2 and Tuesday September 8 from 5:30pm – 8:00pm.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 3 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 4 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 8 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 10 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers