Free coding clubs for adults
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Budding computer programmers will get the knowhow to create their own graphics, animations and apps thanks to free workshops next week.
Hackney Council has partnered with Ravensbourne College to offer a free creative coding workshops in Hackney’s Opportunity Hub.
The workshops will be led by university lecturers in computing and will introduce attendees to an apprenticeship training course run by Ravensbourne College called Codezoners, where adults spend two days a week in the classroom and three days in a work placement while being paid £10p/h.
No previous experience in computing programming is necessary for the workshops but attendees should bring their own laptop if possible.
There will be spare computers available and food and drink will also be provided.
You may also want to watch:
The workshops are on Wednesday September 2 and Tuesday September 8 from 5:30pm – 8:00pm.
- 1 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 2 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 3 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 4 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 5 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 6 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 7 Gone in 60 seconds: Watch as 'keyless' thief steals Hackney car
- 8 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 9 Surgery blunder sees wrong side of 75-year-old patient's thyroid removed
- 10 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness