Free coding clubs for adults
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Budding computer programmers will get the knowhow to create their own graphics, animations and apps thanks to free workshops next week.
Hackney Council has partnered with Ravensbourne College to offer a free creative coding workshops in Hackney’s Opportunity Hub.
The workshops will be led by university lecturers in computing and will introduce attendees to an apprenticeship training course run by Ravensbourne College called Codezoners, where adults spend two days a week in the classroom and three days in a work placement while being paid £10p/h.
No previous experience in computing programming is necessary for the workshops but attendees should bring their own laptop if possible.
There will be spare computers available and food and drink will also be provided.
You may also want to watch:
The workshops are on Wednesday September 2 and Tuesday September 8 from 5:30pm – 8:00pm.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 4 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 10 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding