Fun family day in Stoke Newington this Sunday
Stoke Newington Common Users Group organise fun day for the family
Organised by the Stoke Newington Common Users’ Group (SNUG), the day promises lots of arts and crafts activities for children including making kites, ‘decorating the fence’, face painting and a dressing up corner.
Musical acts include B Block – who started their musical career in Stoke Newington school’s music ‘B-Block’, in Clissold Road – as well as Beat Club, the Homertones, local choirs, and a drum workshop.
Other activities include a photography exhibition with historical and recent photographs of the area, green woodworking, willow weaving, poetry and dancing.
Free bike repairs will be on hand from London Cycling Campaign’s Dr Bike and Moroccan, Indian Halal and Turkish food will be on sale to tempt your tastebuds.
You may also want to watch:
The event takes place on the common, next to Northwold Road, on Sunday September 19 from 1pm to 5pm.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 9 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business