Fun family day in Stoke Newington this Sunday
Stoke Newington Common Users Group organise fun day for the family
Organised by the Stoke Newington Common Users’ Group (SNUG), the day promises lots of arts and crafts activities for children including making kites, ‘decorating the fence’, face painting and a dressing up corner.
Musical acts include B Block – who started their musical career in Stoke Newington school’s music ‘B-Block’, in Clissold Road – as well as Beat Club, the Homertones, local choirs, and a drum workshop.
Other activities include a photography exhibition with historical and recent photographs of the area, green woodworking, willow weaving, poetry and dancing.
Free bike repairs will be on hand from London Cycling Campaign’s Dr Bike and Moroccan, Indian Halal and Turkish food will be on sale to tempt your tastebuds.
You may also want to watch:
The event takes place on the common, next to Northwold Road, on Sunday September 19 from 1pm to 5pm.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 3 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 4 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 10 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze