Fun family day in Stoke Newington this Sunday
Stoke Newington Common Users Group organise fun day for the family
Organised by the Stoke Newington Common Users’ Group (SNUG), the day promises lots of arts and crafts activities for children including making kites, ‘decorating the fence’, face painting and a dressing up corner.
Musical acts include B Block – who started their musical career in Stoke Newington school’s music ‘B-Block’, in Clissold Road – as well as Beat Club, the Homertones, local choirs, and a drum workshop.
Other activities include a photography exhibition with historical and recent photographs of the area, green woodworking, willow weaving, poetry and dancing.
Free bike repairs will be on hand from London Cycling Campaign’s Dr Bike and Moroccan, Indian Halal and Turkish food will be on sale to tempt your tastebuds.
You may also want to watch:
The event takes place on the common, next to Northwold Road, on Sunday September 19 from 1pm to 5pm.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 4 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 5 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 6 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 7 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 8 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 9 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 10 Hackney Wick's Lord Napier pub opens its doors after 26 years